hi

Uhm can someone look at my art and give me pointers? I don't need any mean comments or talking about your experiences or just plain old practice. I try to practice and it's hard, not to mention I'm not getting better.

And btw all my drawings are from printouts. I didn't free hand any of it nor did I trace it.
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Drawing from printouts, or straight from your head can make your work look "flat".  Try drawing a simple still life - whether its a vegetable from the fridge, or a bunched up sheet.   If you have a desk lamp, set up your still life in a dark room with the desk lamp as a spotlight on it.  If not, do it near a window in a darkened room.  Draw what you see, not what you think it should look like.  While these still lifes are not my favorite thing to draw, they do help you build solid skills that do let you draw from your head more realistically, and draw from pictures. Hang in there, if you love drawing, and have a passion for it, it can be learned.
I suggest a digital camera with autofocus and autoflash features.  Canon and Nikon are probably the best brands.  You can find them at the local Best Buy or Office Max.  You might also want to shine a desk lamp with a 60 watt bulb onto the artwork when you take your picture.  That way you won't get any shadows.  Here, let me show you some examples:
The Little Flower Girl by Mr-Pink-Rose  The Lollipop Kid by Mr-Pink-Rose  Shall we dance? by Mr-Pink-Rose  Ariel's Dream Life by Mr-Pink-Rose  
Improve your presentation technique, here are some tutorials:
PE: Presenting Your Traditional Artworks, Part 1Traditional Art Week
It looks better in real life...
Scanner ate the colors!
The photo does not do justice.
How many times you have read or typed yourself such notes in artist’s comments, under traditional artworks?
You’re not alone; digitizing our drawings, paintings, sculptures and other traditional, hand-made artworks can be tricky. Of course the work is never exactly same when changing it from a concrete object to a picture on a screen, but a lot can be done to achieve as representative result as possible!
This is the first part of a basic guide how to make your traditional artworks look appealing when presenting them in the Internet. This is not about changing or manipulating your traditional artwork to something it is not originally, but helping you to make it look as good on a screen as it is in real life.

This Part 1 introduces scanning and photographing tips.
The Part 2 advices how to edit the scanned/photographed artworks.

This guide is meant es
PE: Presenting Your Traditional Artworks, Part 2Traditional Art Week
This is the second part of a basic guide how to make your traditional artworks look appealing when presenting them in the Internet. This is not about changing or manipulating your traditional artwork to something is not originally, but helping you to make it look as good on a screen as it is in real life.

The Part 1 introduced some scanning and shooting tips;
This Part 2 advices how to edit the scanned/photographed artworks.

This guide is meant especially for beginning artists but maybe also more advanced artists can find something new to think about – or maybe you can share your best tips in the comment area of this article!
EDITING YOUR DIGITIZED PICTURES
For editing your scanned or photographed picture you need a software to do that (or you can use the adjustment tools your scanner offers, see Part 1 for those). Adobe Photoshop is a co

Keep practicing your drawing skills ^^
Basic Pencil Shading by Snigom Shading Tutorial A by semaj007 Adanced Shading Techniques by Snigom Tutorial: Shading and Blending by Cataclysm-X Understand about shading and using of pencil by Lilaccu Pencil Shading Tutorial by ika-siyam
Thank you for the mention! :aww:
No problem at all!^^
Tutorials usually don't help and make me feel worse about art. Sorry dude
Then how do you expect to get better? What's the point of asking for tips if you're going to turn down people who went out of their way to help you?
do you even read them? Then how are you supposed to be improve if you didn't try at least one of them?
Find a way to take pictures of your pictures better or get a scanner.
And post in the right forum section too.
It doesn't cost anything to take a picture in a decent spot
and edit it on the computer to make it look good.
Well, for starters, get a scanner.