Comment 4 comment ocs mistaken for other genders

Flowers and a little Derol by ShadowtailsDerol
Shadowtails Derol.

Everyone I know mistakes her as a guy but she's in fact  a girl.
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well Shadowtails Derol looks like a girl to me not a dude.
Me: Oh that is easy. Kashoki is a boy but is mistaken for a girl A LOT.
O_O I don't like Haku but, yes it's a male~ :D
I'm talking about the idea. Not the character in general. 
Oh :L guess I spoiled it. No he's just a character from my imagination, he's actually named after a persimmon fruit. He came from a race of flower people, he left them as soon as he got bored of the life as a care taker. So he set off for the human world for a better life. two of his closest companions joined him, they soon joined a syndicate and persimius defeated the leader to become the leader, after all of what he had went through, he spent some of his life in luxury~ He soon was troubled by the looks of the capital(and his life), so he mistakenly planted miasma trees to make the city look better.

The idea of the way he is dressed is like the Japanese gangsters in the Meiji period(I looked at a lot of rurouni kenshin and usagi yojimbo).
He's sort of a tsundere, and his gender is mistaken as a woman. Also he does have some "medical problems" with his chest. I really can't say, because it would sound freakish. XC
Can you guess this characters gender with out going to the picture and finding out?
Persimius by leesaleena Anger by leesaleena
I suppose it's like Haku.
I know how you feel. I always knew she was a girl anyway.
Even my self-Character gets mistaken for a girl often, as he is a boy and I am girl. .-.
I get often mixed up as a guy as well.
Britomart Portrait by RespicePostTe She's a nice person, really! by RespicePostTe Britomart gets confused for a guy fairly frequently. Granted, that's something that happens to her in canon from time to time, so...
Its probably the style that gets people confused. 
Flower King by Xzentrisch  My flower boy Luce often gets mistaken for a girl. Not surprising, since he's pretty feminine.
I used a wallpaper version of this on my school laptop for a few months. (I'm a music teacher.) Whenever I'd plug it into the projector, students would ask who the character was. When I told them his name was Lancelin, the reply was ALWAYS "That's a GUY?" (Shortly followed by "You DREW that, Miss??!?")

It's probably just the long hair, but still. I though his gender was obvious enough. :XD:

Casual Lance by Kaydreamer
People aren't used to long hair guys or girls that dressed like a guy.
True, though there's enough long-haired teenage boys at the high school I teach at that it shouldn't be too weird. :XD:
Andor by starfast99  OC- Andor by starfast99

I've had some people tell me that Andor's hair makes him look like a girl. Apparently having long, purple hair is for girls only. 

his hair isn't even that long though
I can clearly see it's a guy. He looks nothing like a girl.
That is good to hear. I'm glad someone agrees.
Shackled by fireytika
Many people thought that my Draco is a girl, especially my friends....
Except the moment when i draw him without his jacket.
The Merman [OC: Tsung] by xXSerena-CrosseXx  
When my Tsung OC is fully clothed (unlike in this picture lol just chose it to show it off~) many people
mistake him for a girl, so much so it is a little joke in the various stories lol. He can look more like a male or
more like a female if he really wants, but yeah =3
Same with mine Lol I make joke out of it.