Worst of my gallery

I'm on a mission to clean up my gallery so I invite you to look through it triinerg.deviantart.com/galler… and pick out anything that you honestly think may as well be deleted. If you want to then also add why you don't like 'em.

Get cracking! 
:iconbombingescape:

And if you want me to do the same for you then tell me! 

Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
From the 40s by TriinErg

idk I like the ones the other two commenters said should be deleted but this one just seems kinda awkward, the subject is very centered and there are a lot of random elements cut off on the edges
I do agree, the composition isn't the best. My only excuse is that I tried to separate the car from the surroundings by centering it like that. :D But thank you! :aww:
Well, this depends on your perspective and goal entirely. In a private gallery where you share art you love to create nothing can just be called "bad", but in a gallery in which you have a certain goal there might be some criteria that make one piece of art better suited than another one that might be better off deleted.

If I had to pick something I'd choose this:

Clarity by TriinErg

You gallery is full of emotional images that tell intimate stories or portrait atmospheric details. Compared to these images the one I picked doesn't really seem to fit. Neither the composition nor the colors or content of the picture seems to fit to the rest of your gallery. It's not a bad image, but it's just not as well thought out and emotional as the rest.

To stay fair you can pick the "worst" image from my gallery in return :)
I agree with you there. This particular photo is definitely very different from others I have. But I guess professional galleries or portfolios can have different goals too. I haven't really put much effort into specifically making deviations that have a similar atmosphere, most just come out like that because I guess that's my style. But it's in no way my goal to present my gallery as a set - I'd like for people to look at the images individually. I've kept this photo because I like how clean and simple it came out as. Maybe I like it because it's so much different from the others and I don't do that very often. :D But, to be honest, if I would make a real portfolio then it would definitely be divided into themes. Anyway, it's very nice to know how other people see it and I appreciate your input! That's why I made this thread and so far it's been pretty eye-opening because the results are not what I expected. :XD:

It's quite difficult with your gallery because you have a pretty stable quality in your works. I guess the only thing I could pick at is the emotes Smiley: NyeDebate by Florian-K
just because they seem relatively meaningless in comparison to your other deviations (even though on the internet they're probably the most useful things ever :D). Other works you have are all clean cut, smooth pieces of art and I know emotes are supposed to be simple but they just don't fit. 
Hah, I feel like I'm copying what you said to me. :B

Yes, you can use your gallery in any way you like. It's your private area and nobody can really say what's "good" or "bad" in it and you don't need a strict purpose or guideline on how to set up your gallery.
A portfolio is a different issue. Portfolios are usually especially designed for a purpose and for your target audience. You usually carefully choose which images to include and at which position in the portfolio they appear to create an interesting succession of works. Artists can even have multiple portfolios with different focuses they show to different clients; depending on what field of work the artist wants to highlight.
Yes, people often see things differently and what you expected to be the "weaker" images in your gallery don't necessarily are perceived as weak by other people; but if you have some images you think are weak compared to the others then you should think about whether you want to remove them or not, because in the end it's your decision and if you're not comfortable with some images then you should feel free to remove them. You don't need approval of other people.

Thank you. Yes, the smileys are something completely random in my gallery. They're actually part of a layout I made and I needed some fake smileys for it; but then I thought 'Why not turn those fake smileys into real ones' and I just did it. The frowning smiley is actually used quite often by people. It seems that there aren't many frowning smileys and my version just fits :)

An online gallery is a strange thing anyway. I mean, it's for me to share the photos I love so it's for myself. But, I want other people to like them as well, otherwise I wouldn't share them publicly. Yeah, the final decision is always mine because I don't really have to listen to others but at the same time I do like to hear people's opinions. The problem with me is that I tend to keep some images even if I don't really like them as much as I did in the beginning. And sometimes it's nice when someone opens my mind a bit with their comments so that I start thinking about it more too. A portfolio is basically the opposite of just a gallery like in deviantart, isn't it. If you want to get a job based on your portfolio you really have to only think about the client.

The thing with the smileys is that they're great as far as smileys go. So if you'd have a separate gallery for them then it would be awesome. And, to be honest, they don't ruin your gallery or anything.  It's just a very small detail to discuss, I guess, so it's all good. :D
this oneFramed by TriinErg . It's not bad but it isn't consistent to your phenomenally high standards. it's like finding a silver coin in a room full of gold.
And thank you for the watch as well! :aww:
I totally agree with this one now that I look at it. I didn't really maximise this photo in the first place, yet I've kept it because ideologically I like it. Thanks for the opinion! 

By the way, that's a super nice way of saying something's s**t :XD:, I'll remember that saying. :D
People always said I have a way with words. ;)