Have you ever seen a stock photo and immediately felt the need to create based on it?

As both an artist, stock provider, and a Stock & Resources CV, I see a lot of stock images every day. Every now and then I see one particular image and the immediate need to create slams in to me. It overrides the CV and the stock artist in me, and pulls out the need to manip. Has this happened to you? If it has, leave me the thumb of the stock in the comments and I will do a journal feature on them in the near future. They need to be listed as Resources & Stock and follow FAQ #809: What are deviantART's stock image guidelines?

This one caught my eye today and prompted this post:

STOCK KIMBERLEY by VXLPhotography
Comments22
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Many times. That is actually how I end up producing my best works:

Learning to Love by Quindayo Little Creek by Quindayo Conqueror by Quindayo Green Fingers by QuindayoOffroad by QuindayoGood Girl by Quindayo Tell me a Story by Quindayo Arabella by Quindayo Used and Forgotten by Quindayo I miss you by Quindayo
Yes, many times. I haven't used them all yet but each of these sparked an image in my head.
embrace2 by justmeina Kneeling Reaching - Perspective (Down) 01 by Null-Entity Undine24 by faestock Peasant Couple Image 4 by tacostock Hold Me Darling - Pose Reference by SenshiStock Princess XII by IQuitCountingStock
Happens to me all the time!

The stocks in here are so high quality and give me lots of ideas that just need to end up on a paper sooner or later... :D :heart:

Valentine27 by faestock Red Fan Stock 2 by TrisStock Creeping Tears 091 by Elandria

Stock LadyLaura smoke 1-ladysivali-stock by ladysivali-stock STOCK - Elven Bellydancer by Apsara-Art Snow White Likes Apples by Della-Stock
Awwwwwww! Thank you for including one of mine! That is the best compliment that I could hope to get.... that I have inspired someone to create!
No problem! :hug: That's just so good stock photo. :heart:
:D :hug: I have the hugest file filled with stock like this, for that moment when I have time to try manipping stuff again lol I'm glad my stock inspires you!! 
It really does! I cannot get over how fantastic that dress is! :hug: :D
thank you so much for mention :)
Yes! And than the idea got totally mixed up in the "canyons of my mind" (With thanks to the Bonzo Dog Band for that phrase).
Or got lost in the lack of time. Sigh.
So..... not much artworks.
Am painting traditional now, and I love it. However, also time consuming ;)
All the time.

But then I have no idea what to make of of those already ridiculously stock photos.
Oh yes, this happens to me a lot. :nod: The need to paint is very strong when I see these:

Fire Dancer Stock 28 by firenze-design The Slot 02 by KittyTheCat-Stock Alanna46 by faestock Red silk16 by faestock Jason Aaron Baca light0618 by jasonaaronbaca Necklace by AimeeStock
I hope you do get inspired by my stock -- would love to see your painting :)
I'll let you know when I paint something inspired by your stock. :)
Oh totally, it happens to me all the time... I would even go as far as to say that more than half of my artworks start out that way!
This one. The classic poses and drape of the fabric made me want to paint one of these...and I did!
Dark Drapery pack three by lockstock
For me it is the same! :D In particular when I saw this stock, so different and unusual, I immediately felt the impulse to create an image with him.
I couldn't resist the challenge of this newspaper. :D :D
Rain gear aka wet newspaper hat by Mom-EsPeace