Da Thumbshare needs more literature threads!

Hey, I'm Cole. c:

Post your literature and I'll comment/critique, favorite if I like it, and if I really love it I'll check out your gallery and watch!

Please no short stories, unless they're short lol. Poems, lyrics, prose, spoken word are always welcome, though. c:

One deviant thumb per person please, if I like it, I'll check you out more. c:

Please comment on others works also, and keep conversation active, I'll definitely look at more of your work if you do! ;P

Here's my piece I'm sharing, please comment first and I'll get back to you when asap when I can. :D

HourglassI pull up my sleeves, and lay my head beneath my knees.
Another pack of cigarettes to burn out the mundane weeks.
I alight my flame and the cherry ignites, as I
Begin to notice the slight palate of fiber glass with each breath.
The faint taste of cowboy killers are seeming dilute and supine.
Yet, the eerie smoke still engulfs in my vacant mind.
I find that the comfort of the kindle quickly fades and reduces to ash.
This nicotine high is insubstantial to blocking out
My imbalanced neurotransmitters that are leaking too much serotonin.
I believe a pretentious narcissistic lives in every soul.
And I too, will stay in my labyrinth with enigmas eating at my bones.
While you sleep I lay in bed next to your frame and gently weep.
With the November leaves, I feel my anticipation and courage
for each and all ambitions, desires, and aspirations crumble beneath my feet.
Without such endurance, my longings will seep within an hourglass
That drains each grain of sand with no remorse.
And like the s

Thank you, and have a good day.

-Cole
Comments4
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Parasites: EthanParasites: Ethan
Parasite- An organism that lives on or in another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving its host of nutrients at the host expense.
On a dark night a couple and their young son drive along a long stretch of road on the side of a cliff. “How much longer?” The son asks his parents tired of sitting in the car on their long trip.
    “Not much longer” The mother says comforting their son as they drive along.
    “We should be home soon.” The father says as they keep driving along.
Suddenly a large truck comes driving along the wrong side of the road before. The father tries to avoid the truck but is clipped and starts spinning out of control eventually hitting the railing and falling off the cliff, and hits a nearby and the air bags deploy and a branch pierces the windshield going into the backsea
    Parasites: SarahParasites: Sarah
Inside a girls bedroom a young woman with long black hair and a rather slim body sleeps in a bed when suddenly an alarm clock loudly blares noise across the room awaking the girl who tries to ignore the noise and sleep.
    “Sarah, wake up.” A young girl with shorter black hair. “If you don’t mom said I can dump water on your head.” She says shaking Sarah.
    “I’m up, I’m up.” Sarah says groggily waking up and getting out of bed and grabbing a pair of glasses off a nightstand as the girl rushes out of the room.
A minute later downstairs in the kitchen Sarah sits at the table eating a bowl of cereal.
    “Sarah, are you going to need the car at all today.” An older woman says with graying black hair in a nurse’s uniform.
    “I’ll take the bus.” Sarah says answering her.

Parasite: EvaParasites: Eva

In a small apartment with several fans and AC units on full blasts, filling the room with an increasingly cold air, a young girl with dark tan skin with dark brown hair lays asleep on a bed in the back corner of the room holding onto a stuffed bear with a large zipper of the back.
            "What time is it?" The girl asks groggily as she wakes up. "This school thing is annoying, wish I could just stay home."
As she starts gets up she looks at her left arm and notices as it slowly falls off into the bed before a small amount of blood starts flowing out.
            "Well damn, looks like it's time to go shopping again, it's the only good thing about going to school."
The girl walks over to her closet and grabs a fake arm, a sling, and a green school uniform, before looking into a mirror in the back of her closet.
     Death's GameDeath's Game
In the middle of a park a boy with short red hair in a school uniform stands around in shock watching as a girl with long pink hair in a black dress covered in blood lying on top of a large man beating his face in with a metal bat over and over again making his face unrecognizable, before getting up and walking towards him. 
    "Well then, where you the one who called me?" The girl asks curiously. "Come on out with it then." 
The boy horrified at the sight rushes off as the girl stands around looking at him as he runs away. 
    "This might be a fun one." The girl says to herself watching him.
The next day the boy wakes up in his bed covered in sweat looking around his room, before a knock is heard at the door. 
    "Kyle hurry up, you're going to be late for school." A woman's voice says from the other side of the door. 
    "I'm coming mom." Kyle says fro