Thumbshare Challenge || Fan Art Mentions [#01]

Greetings, deviantART Community!

Welcome to the first weekly challenge hosted by your Fan Art CVs Lyricanna and TheCreativeJenn. We hope you'll enjoy the experience of sharing and browsing Fan Art representing the themes we have in mind.

--------------------------- FAQ & Help
:star: How does it work?
Simple! Either Lyricanna or TheCreativeJenn will assign a theme every week and participants will post a thumbnail of the deviation best representing not only the theme, but their connection to it. How we can feel the connection between deviant and artwork is determined by the thoughtful message they include with the thumbnail.

Works may be discovered through the following sections of deviantART:
<  | Search & Browse | What's Hot | Undiscovered | >

:star: How old can the Fan Art be?
The more recent it is [ex. 2013-2014], the better chance you have at winning! We'll leave it at that.

:star: When is the Deadline?
On the 7th day of the Current Challenge will be the last day to post your entry!

:star: What is the Best Example for a thoughtful message?
<Deviant says>:  "In honor of the Friendship theme for Fan Art Mentions, I have chosen this deviation of Calvin and Hobbes by <artist>. I fondly remember the connection of these characters with my own best friend of 15 years, and this artwork represents both of our lives (fictional and real) perfectly."

:star: What if I wish to keep my "life experiences" private?
We respect anyone's decision not to release real names, locations, or situations that may be far away from their comfort zone, should they want to participate. Instead, we'll accept your entry if it tells your story in the perspective of fictional people. Just please let TheCreativeJenn or Lyricanna know through a private note before we judge anything.

---------------------------

[Oct . 2 . 2014]

:star: || This week's theme is Freedom. || :star:

Deadline:  Oct . 9 . 2014

Rules:
- One deviation per participant!
- Fan Art Only. This may include artwork of another artist's character.
- Self-suggesting is not allowed.
- Have fun!

Prizes:  200:points: for the top 5 contestants.

Judges___________
:iconthecreativejenn: :iconlyricanna:

Good luck! :love:
Comments14
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:heart: I apologize for not being very active with this thread - life issues come first as always. :)

So sadly, we aren't getting many entries!! I'll have to think this project through.. maybe instead of BROWSING for Fan Art...participants could create it!!

Anyone agree?? SAY AYE!
Hi Jenn :).

Do not worry, sometimes it's normal not have many participants in a proyect that is just beginning (Although I thought that you would have many participants in this project). A mi me the same thing happened with my Fella Fan Art Contest, because I had only 8 participants and yet I am glad that a few could participate :). I also happened on my Fan Art Challenges, because in the first I did not have any participant (o.O) and so I'm thinking about whether  continue or no with this project.

By the way, two weeks ago I send a note. Do not want to bother because I am aware that you have many things to do. But I need that you read this note, please :).

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
"freedom"
Wings of dreams by LovelyIcePrincess
From the anime series tsubasa chronicles :
First quick plot of the series.

Sakura the princess of the Kingdom of Clow, loses all her memories and how Syaoran an archaeologist who is her childhood friend, goes on a quest to save her. (Against all odds)

They search for Sakura's memories, which were scattered in various worlds in the form as feathers, as gathering them will help save her soul.

Analogy : here I draw sakura and syaoran already reunited, when sakura finally remembers all her memories and has now the whole freedom to be with him and rekindle their old feelings. Time has separated them apart, but now she finally remembers they she will be by his side forever, as stated by the song :D
:star: Update -- Deadline has been cleared for future Challenges!! From now on, we will only close future posts if at least 6 participants post eligible entries!
I'm afraid I lost this one, but I'd love to enter in next challenge!:la:
You're more than welcome to participate now! From now on, our Deadline isn't based off a date - but the number of participants that actually take part. :)
Thank you very much for letting me know!:love: I will enter soon then! :)
Comment hidden
I'll send you a note shortly in regards to this entry. :heart:
Frerard by Theanimalparade

Not too recent, but whatevs. 
I chose this one because it just feels really free in light of all the gay acceptance and freedom the LGBT community has been being allowed lately.
Being able to love someone openly is a really awesome, and definitely free, feeling.
I apologize but this entry isn't qualified - we don't accept self-suggestions.

I love your diversity however. :) Feel free to find other deviations from active artists that support LGBT Rights!!
Ponyo by Andreanable

For the theme Freedom I chosen Ponyo by Andreanable

This artwork represents the freedom Ponyo will soon experience from meeting new people.
(I did actually) Since moving to a rather far (but more economically comfortable) area. :nod:
Well done! Thank you very much. :heart: