Rate my anime drawings please

what do you think about my drawings are they good or bad? do I need improving? what can I do to improve any tips you think you can give me?
Comments14
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Like I said in the final page of your chapter. Is your wording and something I should have mention.
in one of your story-blocks it was hard to read because the words were bending into the characters' clothes.
I think it was ten page, I can read them but not bold enough.
sorry about that I guess it was hard to read but I didn't want the dialog to block the drawings I wanted it to be more unique which is why I went with that I guess it wasn't the best choice.
Its okay, I might suggest for the word blocks just put in a blur of white when you wanted to make a large sentence.
I'm a little surprised to see a Fushigi Yuugi doujin here.  I didn't know anyone still remembered that series.

Here are some tips:

1.  First of all, download this:

Dots + Screens Pack by screentones

Or the photoshop texture equivalent, which can be found in his gallery.  Use these in place of grayscale coloring from now on.  Flat grays look "textureless," dull, and out of place in manga-style art.  If you need a tone lighter or darker, use the levels tool.  As a side note, his tones tend to moire (form those annoying patterns you see in badly-scanned manga), but Photoshop's despeckle filter will help with that.

Then, download this:  www.blambot.com/font_animeace2…  ...Or one of the other fonts in their "dialog fonts" tab.  There's no excuse for using Comic Sans in this day and age.

2. Line variation.  Make your outer lines thicker than your inner lines.  Focus on getting your lines smoother, too.

3. Read this: www.stanprokopenko.com/blog/20….  Practice using it in your art.  And study vanishing point perspective, too, so you can place your people in backgrounds.

4. Your coloring's a bit too loud and garish, but as a B&W-only artist, I can't really tell you how to improve it.  (Sorry.)

However, just so I don't spend the whole time criticizing things, you definitely have potential.  For a beginner artist, your figures and poses are excellent.  You sometimes draw them as a little too elongated, but overall, they're very good.  Your shading is also spot-on, too.

Also, this isn't related to the art, specifically, but please proofread more carefully.  Unlike in forum posts, it really matters when there are spelling and grammar mistakes in a comic.

(In return, I'd appreciate it if you clicked my sig link, but it's optional.)
thank you but I only use manga studio 4 for making manga how would I use the dots and screen tones pack and this new dialog to replace comic sans in manga studio?
I've never used Manga Studio, so I can't help you with that.  Sorry.  If you ever switch over to Photoshop or GIMP (which is free) you can either use the .pat files or convert the .gifs into patterns.  (If manga studio has a function that will let you convert pictures into patterns, you can do that, as well.)
I have to say, I really how your manga looks, it looks pretty professional. The panels are nice as well the backgrounds and textures.
For things you can improve on:
-Anatomy, some proportions are a bit off. (you can always use stock photos for ref or even yourself!)
-the shading, sometimes the light source is a bit confusing. I would recommend drawing a little sun on the to get an idea where the lighting is coming from, know that whatever is closer to the light will be brighter (shinier I guess).

This is some basic advice, I would go further in depth, but I'm on mobile and it's kinda hard to type. >. <
thank you so much Ill do my best to improve
There are no 'good' or 'bad' artists or drawings. Everyone has potential no matter when they pick up that pencil, tablet pen, paint brush, ect. It's all a matter of learning and technique. 
It looks like you're getting the hang of anatomy and as you keep practicing you'll keep improving. Maybe work on shading and when you color. Not only use shading but highlights as well. It'll help bring your drawings to life. I like to bring light from dark and it seems like an easier route to take before I work on adding darker shades and more highlights. With color, mess around a bit. Look to see what colors go well together. A good example is when you have red and shade it with a violet and work on blending. Practice by studying the lighting and color on movie posters or photographs of landscapes. You can even see it during different times of day and weather. Another example would be at sunset. What colors do you see around you? How does the light reflect on your person? How does the warm colors reflect upon the cool colors?
Also, keep working with proportions. Some of your characters look a bit too skinny. Clothing and folds as well.

Just keep drawing and doodling what you feel like and with time you'll improve. An artist will NEVER stop improving. 
thank you you helped understood my drawings better and I'm kind of new to digital drawings on a tablet and I always had trouble with light sources and coloring shading hair and skin on manga studio    
Anytime. ^^ You'll get the hang of it. I used to have the same problem, even when I went from one art program to the next. It's just another experience you get experience and insight from. I've found with art programs, the first thing you need to learn is how to use layers. They are your best friend. 
keep on practicing, getting there! <3
thank you and welcome to DA :D (Big Grin)