Your Opinion For My Critique/Comment

I'd really appreciate if you could look at my whole gallery and tell me your most favorite (or if you like, a short list of your favorite to least favorite). You don't need to leave a detailed comment/critique, or fave, just comment here (or on the picture is fine too) and let me know!

When you do I'll pick one or two pieces of art from your gallery and either comment or fave it (or both). If you want, please specify which pieces of your art you would like me to comment on.

I do better commenting on photography rather than other art forms, but I will comment on all type!

Thanks!
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Father And Bride by xxtgxxI chose this one for a few reasons. First, great composition. Great moment as well. It is also a good edit. I'm sure this is a picture they treasure from that day :)

Overall, looking at your gallery it is pretty good. A few recommendations (strictly my opinion) - on your b&w images don't be afraid to hit some of the blackest blacks and a lil of whitest whites. A few fall a little flat, but pushing that tonal range will definitely give them some more  punch. Secondly, watch your frame edges and crops. Some of the crops could be better. I know on one it was a horse shot where the ears were both cropped off. I've always been told you never crop at joints either (both human and animal wise). Finally, your focus is soft at times. If you have to ask if it's in focus then it's not in focus. The way I shoot, I set my camera to focus from the center point in my viewfinder. I focus my subject then simply recompose the frame and shoot. It's the easiest way I have found to be in control of auto focus.

I really did like your gallery though, and it was cool to look through the entire gallery and see how you've grown as a photographer. You choose interesting subjects and you're not afraid to experiment with angles :) It certainly shows that you have a passion for photography. You also shoot well in color and black and white :) I hope you don't take anything I mentioned personally, I am incredibly fickle when it comes to photography (even more so when its my own).
No, I don't take it personally! Thank you so much for your feedback. This is probably the best critique of my work I've ever gotten (even from my photo teacher). Thank you so, so much for replying! 
No problem :D I'm glad I could help and if ya ever have any questions or what not feel free to message me. :hug: Thank you for your input on mine as well. Your insights are great :) Thanks again and take care!
This one is so lovely and the lighting is gorgeous!

Heat by xxtgxx
Your gallery is amazing! I love your nature and animal photography!
Thank you so much!
I like this one, partly 'cos the title made me chuckle:

Fabulous by xxtgxx

Your black and white closeups in general really give a sense of personality, I think. Make the animal seem almost human.
You're a terrific photographer, by the way

What I liked: I liked the shots when it was 'action' packed, the central figures were in it or there was an interesting angle: For example- Basia Revised by xxtgxx Death Eater by xxtgxx Quintessential Butterfly by xxtgxx Falling by xxtgxx Mr. and Mrs. Woof by xxtgxx First Birthday by xxtgxx

What I liked the least: These are more nitpicks on my part so please forgive me. For a few of the pictures, the color looks way too bright. A few look a bit blurry (but that could be me) Some had interesting angles but there was more 'empty space' than the subject: For example: 

Riding A Red Horse by xxtgxx Happy Feet by xxtgxx Wet Plant by xxtgxx

Did I do this right? I'm sorry if I got the task wrong.
Yes! Thank you! I commented on your gallery, since the comments were disabled on the arts I wanted to comment on.
You're welcome and thank you :)

Sorry about that, I disable comments for old pieces.
I think this was my favourite;
Bright Day Ahead by xxtgxx

It was tough to make a decision though - I really enjoyed all of your animal photography.  The close ups and the action shots especially!  I left some comments but I'm afraid I don't know enough about photography to critique.
Thank you so much for your comments!