I give critiques

I open a new thread in here because my thing is mostly Digital Art and also because if I were to post it in the thumbshare forum I'll be loaded with 100 comments a day and I just can't give so many critiques!!

So let's make some rules first:
• Post 1 artwork a time, if I haven't given any critique for your artwork yet then don't post anymore to give others a chance to be noticed. 
• Please don't complain if I don't critiques your artwork.

So!!!!! I wanna get started since I have some free time right now, post your artworks here and I'll do my best to give you helpful critiques basing my comments on what I've seen in the rest of your gallery and my own personal taste.

Comments66
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I would like some critique on this. Thanks!

Girl portrait by Serch2
Celebrity #9 by jaquieang thanks for this!
hnnnnn can you help me w this? sta.sh/0135akoxma71
Judging by what you have completed by now andby the rest of your gallery I think you should not blur you shades as much as you do now but leave clear shades done with air brudh or anything which gives a clear feeling. 

I recommend you to use bright cold colors with main yellow bright light comming from above (where the dun should be).

Looks really nice right now keep it up!
"Please don't complain if I don't critiques your artwork." 

:iconsmeagolplz: Gollum! Is that you? Wes be looking so hard and long on this forum for our Precious, but all we finds is stinking hobbits and trolls! Now for your thread, we will posts our most precious Lord of the Rings fan arts! 

The Maidenship of the Ring by LizzyChrome

This piece is old, so don't expect anything great. 
Hi, I love getting constructive feedback about my work, so I'd love you to have a look. This is one of my Owl drawings.

Attentive Gaze by 5Happy5

this is nice.
maybe you wont mind looking at a photo... here's my latest, hope you enjoy :)
Sintra ternion by Miguel-Santos
Even though I'm not a photographer myself and I'm not very familiar with all the options in this genre of "scenery photographing". I can tell that you know how to choose your frame and to make the most out of the light and shadow in the scenery you see Street Summer Heat by FramedByNature

It's really cute how you take pictures that cut objects or make the obvious look so pretty and special like in here Nimbus City by Miguel-Santos

I don't know if you could choose another angle in your most recent art-piece,   if I were you I would have gone to where the palm tree is, I see that you already have three main parts of 'kinda wild nature', 'train', 'classic castle', if you place the nature at the lower third, then the train in the middle and the castle and clouds which are sooo clasic and fancy get the biggest higher third part of the picture- it would have shouted out to the eye of the people who see it. Clear cuts from three different worlds. 
Thanks so much! You're right, the composition could be improved there. I like how you saw it. Wasnt easy getting the shot 'cos light was fading out fast, but next time i'll get it ;)
From what I see you have the gift of being able to bring out a concept you think of in all your artworks. You decide to choose a main color and you use it for mmost of your drawing, this is kind of nice and you should continue with that. You have a soul in every one of your art pieces, amazing. 

What I think you need to improve is the way the lighting you make up for the background effects the character. In this paint for example Ice mage by pavelmorr you could have used the beautiful blue in the background. It looks out of place that the character has its own way of lighting itself ignoring the background almost completely. 

In the artwork you posted here you colored the character and even though the background doesnt have a specific source of light its obvious that the upper part is darker and the lower part is lighter, it's not effecting the character at all. The overall 'drama' in the artwork lose someyhing if you get what I mean 
thanks for ur offering ^^
fav.me/d7wc7ku