ALL MEDIA -- Show me how you've improved!

Hey there! Show me how you've improved your art over the years. Whether it's packaged in a Draw This Again meme or just two separate deviations of similar content (e.g. same character), I want to see how you've progressed! Maybe also comment for comment? I dunno, let's see where this goes~

I'll start, with this:

four times is the fall by cosmogyral-delirium

There's a 3-year difference between the first picture and the latest one -- and while I still have a ways to go, I do see improvement, and that makes me stupid-happy. :meow:

Now, it's your turn! Show me what you've got! Try to stick to a reasonable number of thumbnails (maybe a maximum of 6, depending). But as long as it's not outright spamming and doesn't break other forum rules, I don't mind!

I'm primarily a digital artist myself, but all walks of media (including photography, sculpture, plushies -- whatever!) are welcome here. I'm not so sure how well literature will translate here, but that's welcome too!

NOW GO FORTH AND POST, MY PRETTIES. :iconwoooplz:
Comments129
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Improvement for the better: 4 years by SomethingIate
Draw this again Meme: Glow by SomethingIate
Draw this again - View from my tower by SomethingIate

Your improvement is pretty great! I really love improvement memes..
Thank you! :) I can never get enough of improvement memes -- :icondraw-this-again-meme: is a great group to watch for a constant stream of them!

Your understanding of anatomy, composition, and color has definitely improved! Keep up the good work :D
I'm a member of that group! Love it. :)
My first atempt to draw real in 2008: Grumpy girl by designingdisastersFinished one day ago: All Men Must Die by designingdisasters Been a long while in-between but I don't get that much time to draw, and there was a period when I didn't draw :XD: 
Good work! :) Keep it up~
Thank you! :heart: I'll try!
WIP by Transparently-Opaque 2012  Coolwip by Transparently-Opaque 2012

A Log written, Resting on a hill. by Transparently-Opaque 2012  2013 March by Transparently-Opaque 2012

Foodlifting! by Transparently-Opaque December of 2012  Lakeside House by Transparently-Opaque 2013 (This is traditional, so it may not count :P)

Cafe Major by Transparently-Opaque 2013

Christ I haven't done backgrounds for a long time...
Good work! I can see your understanding of perspective (both atmospheric and technical) has gotten lots better over time. I'm sure background work you do in the future will be even more impressive! :)
Thank you! I hope that will be the case :D
Good work, keep it up!
2011:  The Count Alucard by MrWillLeh   2014:  I met Mr. Death this morning... by MrWillLeh  :D
Thanks for looking & liking! :D
No problem~ That's what this thread is for! :)
Daaaang! That's a terrific leap - I'm proud of you! :meow:
My surrealist ink work circa 1997...:

Brainfart by SamWolk   

...and in 2005...:

Flow by SamWolk  

...and 2014:

Faces Of The Moon by SamWolk  
Great work, keep it up! :)