Find More Art
Buy Premium Membership
Help & FAQ
Username or Email
Stay logged in
Join DeviantArt for FREE
Take the Tour
Forgot Password or Username?
Share on Facebook
Share on Tumblr
Share on Twitter
Share on Pinterest
Share on Reddit
Share on Google+
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on LiveJournal
Closed to new replies
January 18, 2013
Drawing Jam: Pirates, Water, and a Diner
Featured By Owner
Jan 18, 2013
Hobbyist General Artist
I didn't want to put this in DrawPlz because this is something different and I thought it would be kind of fun. I don't post in here a lot, so this is my way of trying to get more involved.
There are a bunch of drawing jam groups on deviantART that usually give you a subject or reference, giving you something to draw. This is similar in a way, but a lot different. I wanted to do it for myself and I enjoy looking at other people's work, so I wanted to see what others could do too.
So here are three (figure, still life, and background):
The goal is to incorporate all three stocks into one composition.
1. Follow the rules of each stock if you decide to participate and make a deviation.
2. You have to use all three stocks in some way. You don't have to draw the stocks exactly as you see them. In fact you're encouraged not to. The stocks are here as reference for any creative ideas you can come up with.
3. No photomanipulations, obviously. Not because they aren't nice, but because photomanipulation =/= drawing.
4. If this thread even manages to be active at all, it will be active only for a month. After that month, I'm going to close it.
5. Subjects are weird and don't connect. That's the point.
6. Traditional and digital drawings, paintings, sketches, and even comics.
7. Post WIPs if you can. Seeing the process would not only be cool, but could help others in their artistic endeavors.
8. Have fun.
I'll be posting my idea soon regardless.
You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.
No comments have been added yet.
Add a Comment:
Click here to continue to DeviantArt