Everyone likes feedback right???

Do you get tired of people who just say "nice job" or "cool artwork"? well I do. Unlike some people I don't care if someone is honest and they tell me something in my art seems off, as long as they aren't rude of course!:) and I feel it's hard to get actual advice from people because they are too scared to hurt my feelings. well no longer!

All you have to do is put a thumbnail from my gallery with a suggestion on how I can improve and I will do the same for you with three of your pictures! The more in depth you are with suggestions the more I will be too:)

Note: I will not be rude, and even if I do not have a lot of experience with the medium or subject I will try to give helpful advice!:)

:iconmonkeyloveplz: ciao!
Comments45
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
A honest comment on this one would be awesome :D

Read the instructions you have to pick one of mine and ill pick 3 of yours:)
Read the instructions you have to pick one of mine and ill pick 3 of yours:)
Read the instructions you have to pick one of mine and ill pick 3 of yours :)
oups sorry ^^'
Keep the good work!

And good luck with the Ipad, I have always wanted to try drawing on one of those
Hallo! Ich lerne deutsch als auch! Meine Wortschatz ist sehr schlecht >.<

so cute! I love how everything has a cute little face. :3 only thing I would change is to maybe have her looking more straight on or at rather have her eye looking towards the viewer. And her left hand seemed a bit out of proportion with her thumb being longer than her other fingers. And I really like her hair!

the hair by far is outstanding! The texture of it is perfect, very lifelike. Her right hand seems a bit small and her left arm looks a bit long, but that could just be the pose. Overall it's really great and the background is quite interesting!

this is a very lovely piece, the folds in the clothing are all so perfect I like how there aren't any creases out of place etc. and it all looks very natural! Only thing I would do is concentrate the background leaves more towards the bottom or use another shade of brown maybe, so that it makes it seem somewhat more like she is standing on ground rather than floating on the page with a border.

Thanks for participating hope I was helpful! :D

Just, awesome.
all I would say is that her mouth and nose seem a bit faint compared to the rest so it's hard to notice them at first so if they were darker it would be easier to see. And her skin seems unnaturally pale, but that could be how the OC was, seeing as I don't k ow what she originally looked like:)

her hair just looks a bit like one piece rather than lots of individual strands. The ends of her hair are really good, I just would look more natural if the same detail continued through the rest of her hair

hmm I would say this would be super cool if you took it from the far left of the path, slightly farther ahead as the large highlight in the foreground is a bit distracting. But angled in such a way that it is almost looking down the side the left wall( those vine/trees are so cool!) and yet you can still see the depth of how far the path extends. Love the colors! Very nice!

Well I hope that was useful in some way:D
1st:
I was in a hurry in this one since it was only a request from someone, so I didn't really made it more detailed and prominent. But thanks.
2nd:
I know :iconohgodwhyplz:.... Most of the time when I draw hair they always won't end up how I want them to be.
3rd:
Yes, the foreground light is annoying. What's worse is that I amplified the effect when I was editing this in photoshop. I'll be sure to work on that on my future photographs, thanks.
i will comment on this one :D
ahaha the first thing I thought of when I saw it was of a picture of myself I took the other day with the weird webcam distortion things and it came out about like this, just with a whole lot of derp along with it XD all I would suggest would be to maybe add a glint or highlight in the eye to have a flash of light that will draw the viewer to it as well as the main focal point which is of course that crazy mouth :)

I'm not sure why I find everything humorous at the moment but I like this even if it is a sketch! I'm sure there's something behind it, but I'm content with knowing it is a big burly ape in a flower tshirt. Well as for suggestions, I'd say he needs some fur on his head and his hand looks more human like than monkey like( yes I know they are practically the same, but to me there's a difference:P)

you did really good on the skin tone especially, that is one thing I find quite difficult at times! Definitely looks realistic, I'd just lighten the iris or make the iris bigger and lighter so that there is a more defined line between pupil and iris, something much harder to do with brown eyes! (Pretty much why I almost always do blue eyes haha)

Well that was a lot of rambling haha! Hope it was helpful!:)
I totally agree with everything you said, speacially the eye, it could have been much better if it wasnt for that darker tone :/ but oh well, now i know :D
Commented on this one: <3
(Could you please comment on the actual image pages rather than here? Or as well as. Thank you)
I will copy them to the images soon as I get it on here:)

I love the vibrancy of the beak! Ad either you have a good zoom setting or you are amazing with with birds! Either way it's cool having it close up like that! I'd say it just needs a little more focus on the worm, not that you necessarily want to see all the details of the worm or it to be the focal point, but just enough so that its not as out of focus while it is the foremost object of the photo.

oh it's so cute! :iconsocuteplz: if anything I'd say its a bit overwhelming with the combination of color cross hatching and the background. The cross hatching just didn't quite seem to fit for me and it detracted from the oh so pretty colors

gosh all your stuff is just way too cute! The psychedelic colors on the lower one is very eye catching and I love his little almost human lower lip:) I like the ears on the lower one best and the left most drawing seemed a bit dog like to me just with the ears and angular snout. Also th upper one could use a bit of definition between what is the head versus what Is body or feet etc.

Love your stuff! Hope I was helpful:)
Thank you very much :heart: Your feedback was definitely helpful and I really appreciate it. ^_^
I commented directly on there. Could you also try and comment directly on mine as well?
And I copied them to the pics too like you asked:)
Ah dang nabbit. It did it AGAIN. It deleted my whole comment just as I was getting it finished! *rage face* ah we'll...guess ill type it again!

while I am not necessarily a good acrylic painter, I've done a few things with it and I've used other paints along with it( mostly abstract stuff though) so ill give this a shot. I noticed in the description you said you used mixed media paper. I'd say your best bet would be to look into getting a canvas or two, or canvas boards work too, I prefer plain canvases though. It will hold up much better and you'll be able to add more layer without it mushing together or streaking etc. just be sure to put a base down first before adding color etc:)

ohh gotta love me some slendy! ;P I kinda like the simplicity of it, it's not overpowering with details. But if I'm not mistaken, but it's been awhile, I'm pretty sure he has a least somewhat of contours on his face? Either way you could always give him some shading from a light source to give him a three dimensional quality.

I can see the resemblance to the reference picture, the anatomy is pretty good! I'd just suggest extending the range of darks to lights withing the shading. So that the darks are really dark, but then the variations between shades is subtle so that it seems really natural. Also if your going for a more photorealistic then you have to be sure to not have outline markings so the easiest thing to do is just shade them in with the rest!
Hope I was useful and not completely incoherent :D my iPad has terrible autocorrect!
commented on this one

definitely one of your best pieces, very nice!! :D
oh this is too cute! You can really feel the movement of the piece. Only suggestion is that it looks slightly blurred (obviously cuz he's moving..I'm so smart aren't I!) but anyway I'd just suggest maybe a higher shutter speed if your camera has a higher setting. Also with slight editing of the contrast or vibrancy I think it would pull it all into focus really well :)

augh I really could not for anything pic just one! They were all my favorites! Therefore i cheated i did 4 of your pictures but they are together so i vote it counts the same as doing 3!:) The full color one is magnificent. Like a perfect wallpaper! They color is astounding. If you made the green in the half color one to be the same as the green of the grass in the first one it would make it just as eye catching as the other two. The one with just they eyes colored is super fantastic I would leave it just as it is:D the eyes don't even look real! Love it.