Closed to new replies
January 14, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 166

Want an Illustration or Fine Art Critique? V1

:iconito-saith-webb:
Ito-Saith-Webb Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Hey all, been a while since I have been to the boards and I haven't done some critiques since I got my BFA. Post one thumb and only one thumb of an illustration or Fine Art piece that you would like to have a critique on and I will give short critts on the pros and cons of your work. As a consideration, you might come by and checkout my work gallery but I don't require it in return for giving out a critique.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfavicius:
favicius Featured By Owner Apr 19, 2013   Traditional Artist
Ito-Saith-Webb Featured By Owner Apr 19, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Pros: Interesting characture design and nice exaggeration. Value range is strong and a strong amount of detail and texture. While veins usually don't form on the end of the nose it is disturbing and makes the drawing more striking.

Cons: The crows feet, why nicely exaggerated, is also over done and doesn't feel right because usually the converge at the very corner of the eye, but you are doing cartoon eyes so this makes it harder. The outside line work is fine and it has some nice variation of weight to it but bringing it inside to the eyes makes it feel inconstant. You could have also done without the outlining and used contrast to help define your image. Try reading this article I wrote on the various forms of contrast and how they can help you [link] .

I hope that helps.
:iconfavicius:
favicius Featured By Owner Apr 19, 2013   Traditional Artist
Thank you for the critique.It helps a lot. I've read your contrast article and the other ones in your blog and i really enjoyed. Thanks you very much.
Ito-Saith-Webb Featured By Owner Apr 19, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Glad you found it helpful. I do articles and tutorials a lot on that blog. I always try to update once a week in case you are interested in subscribing to the blog.
:iconwandering-stylus:
Wandering-Stylus Featured By Owner Apr 17, 2013  Professional Digital Artist

Ito-Saith-Webb Featured By Owner Apr 18, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Pros: Color, brush and texture techniques are strong. Good mood. Good human proportions.

Cons: I think the value ranger could be a little wider on the light side. A few more plains on her face for modeling would be called for, especially around the eyes, as except for you nose her face feels a bit flat. Also while your textures looks good I think you could push them a little further.

Not going to really touch composition though because of its nature of being a test painting.
:icondenece-the-sylcoe:
Denece-the-sylcoe Featured By Owner Mar 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ito-Saith-Webb Featured By Owner Apr 4, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Critique sent. I did state to only post one thumb so I only critiqued one.
:icondenece-the-sylcoe:
Denece-the-sylcoe Featured By Owner Apr 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's fine!
Sorry. ^^;
:iconpmucks:
PMucks Featured By Owner Mar 25, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Reference photo included for comparison.
Add a Comment: