Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

I want to see some glitchy goodness

:iconsarahdeathbell:
sarahdeathbell Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I know there aren't a ton of people on DA who make glitch art/databends/circuitbends/etc etc. But there's got to be more out there than I've been able to find so far, and I want to see it!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnicolasjolly:
nicolasjolly Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
:iconsandrorybak:
SandroRybak Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I tried to paint once a bit with glitches in photoshop:
I love the second one. I just recently got photoshop and have been using it a little bit in my glitches. I have no idea what I'm doing though. How did you achieve this effect?
:iconmanic-cure:
manic-cure Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
You mean like this>>
I really like those! I don't know that I would categorize them as glitch art, but they're still pretty awesome. What program did you use to make them?
:iconjuturn-al:
Juturn-AL Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional General Artist
What is this glitch art you speak of? Care to elaborate? sounds cool though.
Well, people interpret it in different ways. It's basically when you take an image and corrupt it in some way either intentionally, or unintentionally. There are millions of ways to do it. For example, a lot of the time my method is to convert an image to a raw format (bmp) and open it with audacity (yes, the music program). There it shows up as audio (it sounds terrifying though) and you can mess with it the same way you would a song. When you save it from there as a bmp you get a new version of your image that's distorted and "glitched." But that's just one way.

This is my most recent one. It's not particularly good, more of just an experiment with some new programs.

(I'm not trying to whore my artwork out, just wanted to show an example.)
:iconstkbayfield:
stkbayfield Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I had a blast doing things like this when I first discovered the glitch method. Got to say though, this Chinatown one goes beyond amusing and right in to the realms of art. I adore it. Thank you for sharing and I hope we get a few more great examples in this thread.
Thanks! I'm finally getting to a point where I'm making some pretty decent pieces instead of just random gibberish. Trying to figure out how to control the chaos.
:iconjuturn-al:
Juturn-AL Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional General Artist
It's ok to show your artwork, it;s your thread :). But that's pretty cool the way you explained it, never knew you can even open up photos in audacity! (yes I will try it now after this this post). Looks cool though, kind of like those anaglyph images.
Add a Comment: