Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 20

Saturday Feature is OPEN!

:iconthroughmythoughts:
ThroughMyThoughts Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
ok, because the first thread hadn't much attention, I write a second now: whoever wants to be featured at a Feature Saturday, just answer these questions: [link]

Ok. thank you. You cannot be featured twice (and please, don't comment on the journal) That's it :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnicolasjolly:
nicolasjolly Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
:iconchesneykeegan:
ChesneyKeegan Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
:iconkuja09:
Kuja09 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist

Why this username? What's the story behind?
Kuja is the villan from Final Fantasy IX (09), my favourite game :D
How long are you a deviant?
4 yrs i believe
WHY are you a deviant?
Because i like to show what i do as a hobby, which is drawing, because i like to learn with more experienced artists and to get inspired
What does art mean to you?
Theres only 2 things in my live, what i gotta do, because its part of the society rules, and...guess what...art!! Because it helps me to express myself i guess!
What do you love about being an artist? What do you dislike?
I love the fact that can express myself and that i can put on the paper every thought i have. I dislike the fact that i am not as good as i wanted to...keep praticing!!!!
How do you work as an artist?
I dont know if i understand this question, but if you are talking about the process, i usually draw on paper and the color digitally :o
Do you have any idols?
Some, but the one i really look up to is Mark Crilley.
Do you accept commishs, requests or art trades? If yes, where can we find your prices/rules?
Ahaha not good enough for that
A quote you love or an advice that helped you very much with your work?
It´s more of an advice, i used to go for the final results, try to get everything perfect at the first try, but after watching some videos and reading more about drawing, i figured out that its ok to be messy, its ok to sketch.., and since then ive got better imo.
An advice for other artists?
Keep praticing, keep looking up to your idols, the ones who trully inspire you, its ok to be messy, its ok to look up at some reference..express yourself above all! =)
Anything else to say?
Nop.
ThroughMyThoughts Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
ok, thx :meow:
:iconkuja09:
Kuja09 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:p
:iconjackmolotov3:
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Why this username? What's the story behind?
thass my handle. Used this handle accross multiple accounts, goes back to an old punk rock band named "molotov cocktail"

:bulletblue: How long are you a deviant?
like member of this site? umm, about a year and change I think

:bulletblue: WHY are you a deviant?
deviant? something to do with leather, whips, and midgets..., oh, you mean the site? to share my art. I've been doing photography with no real outlet!

:bulletblue: What does art mean to you?
expression. I make the pictures I want to look at. Art is culture. Culture makes civilization.

:bulletblue: What do you love about being an artist? What do you dislike?
The adventures required to do the art. Dislikes - hrmm. Dunno, its hard to get recognition.

:bulletblue: How do you work as an artist?
Ameture. I hunt photographs, like you would hunt small critters. Instead of a rifle, I have a camera. Sometimes you need to plan a trek, and expedition, to go picture "hunting", when you know your subject is out in the jungle, waiting for you to stalk it, to track it, and hide, crouch, and pull your camera quickly, and silently, and shoot it.

Sometimes, it scurries out in front of you, and your draw and shoot it as it happens.

:bulletblue: Do you have any idols?
Ansel Adams. If he were alive, chances are he wouldn't like me much. He'd have me kicked out of f64 in short order as a miscreant. he shot medium format, I shoot small format. He belives in everything in focus, I like soft focused backgrounds. He was a prick about it. I'm a prick about it. He was still a damn good artist.

He would have loved

he would have wapped me upside the head for

His landscapes are stunning, and I sometimes do landscapes he'd give the nod to. I do a few pictures which channel his style, but less and less.(love soft focus)

:bulletblue: Do you accept commishs, requests or art trades? If yes, where can we find your prices/rules?
Sure!

Rules: No adult content, to include artistic nudes. Why? Drama I don't want to deal with. I like looking at adult content, but not producing it.

Price: make it worth my while, I shoot on 35mm. Tell me what you want, and I'll tell you how much I want.

:bulletblue: A quote you love or an advice that helped you very much with your work?
“Life is short, Break the Rules.
Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
And never regret ANYTHING
That makes you smile.”
― Mark Twain

:bulletblue: An advice for other artists?
f/2 or f/4 depending on the lens, or distance is how you melt a background in to sweet sweet soft focus, to embolden your subject. This effect is intesified at around 1/4/-1/8 a second, on ISO 100-400 speed film. This is the sweet spot, where your photos are visceral.

:bulletblue: Anything else to say?
ok, so you want these both above to be featured?
If so, you have to decide which of the four in your first post you want to be featured because there're only 5 allowed.
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
no, I put four, and let you pick.

my pick would be winter
so I take summer :meow:
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
very well, I like them all.
Add a Comment: