Closed to new replies
January 7, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

A critique for a critique

:iconlaarka:
LaArka Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Even if you don't have a premium membership, I'll give you a critique in the comments.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmonster-5:
monster-5 Jan 26, 2013   Digital Artist
can you give me some criticque, i don't know how to put the link to make you the art so i put the web link of the page! thanks

[link]
[link]
:icondanny-spikes:
i would ove one plz [link]
LaArka Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Please leave me one first, and I'll provide the best feedback I can on this one.
:iconsongbirdholly:
songbirdholly Jan 7, 2013  Student Artist
I critiqued. :) I don't have premium membership, so if you wish to comment on the piece itself, I'd appreciate it!

:icontheblackbullets:
TheBlackBullets Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
When I get going, I get going, lol.
Alright. A critique for a critique. Well, here we go...

I'm not quite sure what you referenced for this picture, or maybe you just did it from memory. But let's start at the top. This guy's forehead is waaay too big. Also, I'm not sure if he is supposed to have a long face, but if he isn't, then his jaw is too low on his head. You might want to practice drawing heads in steps, like doing just a circle, then adding the jaw, and using reference lines for the eyes, nose and mouth. His ears should be peeking out from his hair, too, so if you want to conceal them, you should make his hair stick out more (don't worry, I can't draw human ears either). Moving along, his adam's apple is really big and too close to his collar bone.

I'm not sure what is under his collar bones. I think it's supposed to be shadow, but is that's the case then the shadow goes too far down his torso to be realistic. I'm thinking they are some sort of pattern on his shirt. Anyway, from the angle shown, his belly button should be farther to the right, and you should be able to see the shadow from the left side of the jacket (right side from my point of view, left from how he's standing). Overall his body is very... square... almost too much so. I don't care how good your posture is, or how manly you are, the male body does not just look like a wide pole. Men have curves too.

I'm guessing you did this from a vector? All of the shading looks pretty flat. Also, you should try to define where the light source is coming from. Some of the shadows just seem misplaced...

Other than that, I really like how you did the jacket. The folds look really realistic. Also, you DEFINITELY improved from the sketch you provided, so you're on the right track!
:iconponderhope:
PonderHope Jan 7, 2013  Student General Artist
Commented ^^
Done! Sorry if I wasn't helpful...
:iconponderhope:
PonderHope Jan 7, 2013  Student General Artist
It's fine, I liked it! I love it when people give me comments.
Add a Comment: