Closed to new replies
January 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Looking for the like minded to start a drawing group

:iconelectricit:
electricit Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
I'm looking for people who have been around for awhile but feel they're at the middle point of their art game, and cant improve without some good constructive input. And potentially new watchers and maybe even some collaborations.

Ill post the kind of work I'm looking for, the kind that tells the story without words or perhaps with title alone. Helps to have a masochistic sense of detail. Digital or traditional, show me your best 5 and lets get this going!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnicolasjolly:
nicolasjolly Jan 12, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
:iconnicolasjolly:
nicolasjolly Jan 7, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
electricit Jan 7, 2013  Student General Artist
Both are very well done in their style.

I think the only things to point out are on the first one, I wish the background behind the figure had a bit more contrast to the sides of the arch pillars. They sort of meld together. Its still an amazing piece. So I am nitpicking here.

I love the crosshatching on the second. I also like how far back the image goes. That amount of detail is what I really get wowd by.

I think something that is more true in the second one, but try to keep the same style going throughout the whole piece. Other than that fantastic work. Keep it up! =]
electricit Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
Common people, keep it going.
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Jan 3, 2013   Digital Artist
I would love to join a critique group for art! :love: I'm starting to try to get into more complex illustration and I've been looking for one.
I think you can really see how much work and care went into the walls on the second one. Overall your work seems like it could use some core practice and it would improve things immensely. What kind of stuff do you want to work on in the future?
Thanks. :)

What I want to be is an illustrator (my dream is to do illustrations for my own book) so what I really want to be able to do is scenes with characters and environments that tell a story.
I think you have a great sense of the finishing touches to your pieces. But I think you try to do too much for your skill set. IE: trying to included that character in the cathedral picture. or the two dancing on top of the building with all the moons and stars behind the building.

You're definitely talented, you can see that in the coloring on the first one with the man and the dog, but if you added a bit of anatomy study to him and made the forest a bit less flat it would just look amazing.
Thankyou! I'll work on those things, (Anatomy is a big one I'm working on. Perspective too.) I like to push myself by being ambitious in each picture. In a way it helps me because I can see what needs work for next time. Thanks for taking the time to look over the pics. :)
Add a Comment: