Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 164

Artists with ANY experience level: no snobby artists pleeeeese!

:iconandhedrew:
AndHeDrew Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Hey, folks. I don't care if you're an artist with 10 years experience, or if you started drawing last week. This is a thread for people who are learning and growing as artists to share their work. Share with me one piece, and let me know what you like about it, and/or what you've learned from it. Plug shamelessly, we're all friends here. :-)

:bulletpink:Again, I don't care about your experience level. If it matters to you, it belongs here.

:bulletpink:One rule: positivity. If you want to give some constructive crit, include compliments too. :-) Be nice.

Here's mine:

It's the Christmas comic for my webcomic, Aprons: [link] if you've ever worked in the foodservice (waiter/barista/bartender/fast food) you'll love it. Please do check this piece out, and if you like it, go read a few more on my website: [link]

Have fun. I'll comment on as many as I can, I'll fav and follow, I want to meet nice people!
It's good to meet you. Peace-
AndHeDrew.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmanishachan:
ManishaChan Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconyayaoo:
YaYaOo Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Digital Artist

this is my first book cover attempt
I love the colours used
I made the font myself
I like it!
:iconspaniardwithknives:
SpaniardWithKnives Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist

I am a true crime head (sick me, lol). This case always fascinated me, since childhood. I am working in a graphic novel about it, but discovered that my usual media, pencil colors, was not as professional looking as digital drawing. The face is my first complete work made with a tablet. It turned better than I expected, considering that I was not used to the tablet at all (it is tricky to get the grip of it at first)
:iconnicolasjolly:
nicolasjolly Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
:iconrhuni:
Rhuni Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconallyson-x:
Allyson-x Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
:iconborn2late:
Born2Late Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:D:D
:iconjeyyeah:
jeyyeah Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013

:iconnicolasjolly:
nicolasjolly Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
:icononyisart:
OnyisArt Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student Digital Artist
IDK if you're into cartoon art but here are some work of mine!

:icondimensionseven:
DimensionSeven Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013

Enjoy! :wave:
:iconmac25:
Mac25 Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
=D
:icondianoka:
Dianoka Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Traditional Artist

:iconmingplz: I only did digital 2 times, so I'm still learning.
:iconpeacely:
Peacely Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist

This is one of my latest pictures. Yeah. TMNT fan if you were wondering. Some thing people can't help obsessing over.:shrug: But I love how both my oc and the backgroun turned out:D
:iconartisticpuppy:
artisticpuppy Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hi!
This is my picture! I like it because Lugia is my favourite character from Pokemon and this is the best picture I ever drew of him!

It would be nice to hear what you think! Thankies! ^^
:iconpanthera--shadow:
Panthera--Shadow Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
I'm looking at all these and thinking, "wow. My art is crap. No wonder no one ever looks at it." Well, worth a try. Constructive crit, please!
:iconestal:
estal Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013

:iconblackflamevampire:
BlackFlameVampire Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
This is so mesmerizing and beautiful.
Words can not comprehend how amazed I am by this piece.
:iconestal:
estal Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
thx :horns:
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
:iconningenshinri:
ningenshinri Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Messed up the drapery a bit... I would love a critique, because although I like this one it also feels indicative of everything I do wrong. There is a certain amount of stylization.
:icontildsart:
TildsArt Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional Digital Artist

It's the first illustration I tried this technique on. I looked for that watercolour and sketchy-unfinished look.
I have to work on it but I love drawing/painting like that, I feel like keeping the traditional look even doing digital :)
:iconm-j-gagne:
M-J-Gagne Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
One of my most recent pieces and first coloured using a pen tablet, so in that sense it was experimental.
:iconwaywardgal:
waywardgal Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
:iconixnivek:
ixnivek Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist

With this illustration it was the beginning of a new series of drawings from Fall 2012 to Spring 2013...its was the transition drawing for a new type a style I am trying to develop. This is my personal favourite drawing of 2012
:iconageen:
Ageen Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Wow, looks like you have plenty of talent there!
I especially love the colors, they are nice and vibrant, but you kept them from looking overally rainbowish. Good job, keep it up! :clap:
:icondream-socket:
Dream-Socket Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer

This is a gift for a friend of a friend.

At first, I was intimidated by the reference because it was slightly smaller than a CD booklet. :omg: Although, you can't refuse a request, and I had to stick with it. I learned to break things down into negative space first, than worrying about likeness. (Which I usually struggle with.)
how do you make the thumbnails larger?
:iconspaniardwithknives:
SpaniardWithKnives Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Put the word big inside the thumb, just after the first :
:icondream-socket:
Dream-Socket Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
It's easy.

Like this :big thumb344493892: but without the space. :thumbsup:
Thank you :D
:iconoathbinder123:
OathBinder123 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist

Why I picked this one? Its the first art of the year and for once a reasonable solid styled work.
I finally able to get some ideas of how to balance design needs(catering boys and girls) and the overall colour balance. I wouldn't say its perfect, but i am getting there i believe :)

:iconkrissyorange:
krissyorange Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012

My best work of art - of my best friend, given to her for a New Year's present. I've only started drawing this style for ~3 years and have very little work to show for it so it amazes me how much I've progressed. I like drawing the best when it's of someone I love and I surprise them with the finished product. :)
:iconplug-28:
plug-28 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
I learn how to properly add textures to cloths
:iconacaciathorn:
Acaciathorn Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I learned how to draw babies!
:icontvlookplay:
tvlookplay Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:icontvlookplay:
tvlookplay Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconryanwinc:
RyanWinc Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Digital Artist
AndHeDrew Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
The proportions are nice, and the eyes+eyelashes are almost perfect. The rest of the face needs a little work. Push the contrast between the darkest part of the face and the lightest, and make sure that there are sharp distinctions between the parts of the face that stick out, like the nose and the lips, and the background they're against. It all seems to flatten out a bit because there isn't enough variety of darkness/light.
I'm not trying to rip this piece to shreds: it's good, but I'm trying to help you make your painting even better. :-)
:iconryanwinc:
RyanWinc Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Thanks that is the type of comment that i want i'm going to work on those
:iconartofcarmen:
artofcarmen Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Digital Artist

This piece is the first real piece of art that I really took my time on coloring. While it may not be the best thing ever, I look at this compared to other things I have done and am very proud of how far I have come. It gives me hope that I can get even better with more practice. My next goal will be to do a male piece (I normally just draw women) and a traditional realistic piece.

While this may only be a DevID. It embodies everything I wasn't when I was in college. I never let my influences show, and all of my work was very dark and drab. I had a teacher tell me to let loose and paint something pink for a change, and I finally took his advice. I found that letting loose really made me happy, and at the end of the day: drawing what makes me happy is probably the most fantastic thing I've done in a long time.
AndHeDrew Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Nice technique+coloring, and I really enjoy the layout+typography. I really like the contrast between the name "Dark Cyrin" and the fluffy, pink fairy. It's good that you're stretching yourself, going beyond what's comfortable: that will grow you as an artist. :-)
:iconartofcarmen:
artofcarmen Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Thank you. :)
:icon2numb2relate:
2numb2relate Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
AndHeDrew Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Nice sketch: it's a little pale, but that might just be the scan. It seems to be very accurate proportionally, and I really like the texture in the hair. The mouth bothers me a bit, mostly because it's REALLY HARD to make teeth look right in a line drawing. Nice work!
:icon2numb2relate:
2numb2relate Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
I did this on my computer actually. Practice on my tablet as I have never used one before or a computer program to draw before. I have always had a problem with being too light on sketches whether it is digital or traditional.
:iconfinalvirucide:
FinalVirucide Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My newest, I thought I'd leave a thumbnail here. I haven't done much stuff with traditional media for a while.

:iconliliansk:
LilianSK Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist

:iconschlissel-art:
Schlissel-art Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012

I haven't worked with textures much but I think it looks ok
:iconvisionoftheworld:
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I have been drawing for over 10.. I've been accused of many things but never snobbery (yet). I drew this picture using a really awesome reference photo, but not for the lady which is my character and I learned that I need to learn SCALE. She is way out of scale in the scene- which had no people in it, and I misjudged how vast and massive those buildings are. I drew her first then the scene around her, which is the reverse of what I should have done. I succeeded at keeping the faded, coppery sheen (according to others) and it is a feature of the photograph which was taken on film in the 1980s. I did not trace this thing I just looked and drew what I could using color pencils

Add a Comment: