Traditional Artists with More than 10 Years Experience: No Crappy Art Pleeeeeeease!

I will comment, fav, critique, and watch if i like what i see. Post 3 thumbs. It would be nice if you commented me back. I am not going to lie, it will help you get a response from me. But I will look at everything.

Comments124
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've been doing art for almost a year.
You say no crappy art, yet you post your own? Interesting. Anyways, you wanted comments back so here's a feedback to you:

You're trying so desperately to mimic greater artists. Your use of large brushstrokes aren't able to hide you poor anatomy skills. I can see you're trying to make it look weird, special and unique but still there's nothing added to your poorly executed artworks. The colour-composition doesn't even fit nicely together, pulling your paintings to a lower level - work with colours and find out what fits together. You wanna be as good as Picasso? Well, study him better. He uses colours in such a way that it gives us as a viewer something - something that adds to the atmosphere, giving it some sort of flow. Even in his works full of several different colours, he still avoids a chaotic and ridiculous colour-composition.

You're complaining over peoples artwork not giving anything, no story, no meaning. Yet, your gives nothing themselves. They are mere portraits done in a poor fashion. But honestly I don't know if you're trolling or if you're actually serious in all your comments. You're talking down and complaining about peoples QUICK SKETCHES that are done absolutely brilliantly. Done with skill, with CORRECT anatomy and shading - but looking at your "Snaggle Wolf" it seems like you have nothing to say. You're far from that level of skills you so rudely ask for of others. So you must be joking, right? 'Cause you can't be for real.

Good luck with becoming an artist, especially when you can't even criticize yourself - which is an important key to improve as an artist. 6 years on dA and under 50 watchers - seems like years of experience doesn't really matter, does it?
Yeah, I was gonna ignore you but i have decided to acknowledge you due to my own personal stupidity.

First about your accusing me of trying to mimic (desperately at that) greater artists tells me that I am accomplishing some resemble to established work. But you put it out there like this is bad and intentional without even describing how I am trying to mimic. In addition, I paint for me.

Second about anatomy, you are right. I don't know anatomy as well as i should, but neither do you. looking at your art you are worst than me. At least my figures have some shape. Your facial anatomy is decent (faces are the easiest to do) but your full body pieces art lackluster. Pot calling the kettle black...

Example:

Also...Picasso was horrible at color. To use picasso as a figure to go to because of color shows your lack of knowledge about art history. You should have said matisse. He knew how to use color. Picasso had style and was known for that.

ALso....you give no reasons using the princples of design why my art is bad. ITs like you hate my arrogance so you try to knit-pick my art. Thats and you own ego is telling you are good enough to pick. YOur art is cool but far from my level quite frankly. ITs obvious at this point.

Also....my Snaggle Work is a cartoon. I don;t seriously draw anymore.

Its funny, the only argument you made that was congent is the anatomy. True I am not the best. The rest of your argument revolves around unbacked assumptions. My color is bad? How? My newest art are mostly portraits but obviously you didn't look at all of my art. It is loaded with meaning and symbolism.

Also...i only started really using DA this year. Before I went 4 years without even touching it. i don't take watches seriously. Just look at the top pieces of all time on here...nuff said.
Wow, I pleasantly surprised to see you not only read it but also replyed, haha!
I'll try to give you a decent reply on the things you pointed out in the morning (it's currently 1 am, and I need sleep). Hopefully I wont forget it!
um....yeah....sure...yeah...um you are IGNORED.
I mi9ht as well put something up.

I hope this isn't crappy art

very uniqe. work on full compositions. excellent lines.
you are almost there. work on forms. your colors shimmer.

I have 7 yrs [only 21] and I think you said you already liked my work

but im posting on here to set an example for the ppl coming in to bash and scrap at you for your thread description

a big LOL to the folks that think Picasso was "bad"

There is more to art than comic books and living room decorations damnit!!!!

I've got actual paintings, but I've never put them on the internet. ...Except one, but that was the local hospital that used it for decor; I didn't post it.
Oh, and I don't have ten years experience. But hey, free country. :dummy:
that is sssssssssssssssssso beautiful.
Thank you. And just so you know, I've been working for less then a month, so you don't need 10+ years of experience to be good ;P
never said you did;)
A few impressionistic stuff....