I am Underappreciated and Deserve More Attention

I am proof that stats mean nothing. I really deserve more attention. Take this as an opportunity to be exposed to something different. Please Watch me, fav, like, comment, etc. Also, if you are an OIL PAINTER, feel free to drop a few thumbs. I will comment. ONLY OIL PAINTERS.

Comments154
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I know it says oil paintings but..... SPAM ALERT! :spammer: :spammer: :spammer: :spammer: :spammer:

Dude, we all deserve more attention. You're probably voicing what most of us are thinking about our own art, but it's pretty frustrating to see a post like yours. Although it's nice to be direct and honest, you're just flat out asking for people to give you attention, when a lot of us have been working to scrape in as much feedback as possible by giving others as much feedback as possible. It's like coming home from a hard day at work then having a stranger ask you for your money.

Your art is pretty nice, and I'll look through your gallery to see if there's some stuff I'd like to favorite, but my honest advice to you is to not post things like this in the future. It really frustrates people, as you've probably noticed from the comments you've been receiving. You're a good artist, but if you want more fans you'll need to work on public relations.
You don't deserve anything you haven't earned. You're mean to people, act like you're much more talented than you actually are, and are an admitted troll. Change your attitude towards DA, towards art and towards the people who might show you some of the attention you so desperately crave, and then you might actually get more than the snarky comebacks and insults you've been receiving recently.
Here are some work of mine!

You have potential, but you need a lot of work. To compare (though she works in a lot of medias, and I wouldn't call her ideal, either) I would show you this person [link] and you are nowhere close. In many of your paintings, you put details that gets a little lost- there is too much detail in confined areas with large brush strokes that one cannot figure out what it is. (The bottom of the last one you posted is a good example)

I might not be representative of everybody, but if you want me to say about you "this person is absolutely great" it doesn't take a pretty picture. Make a point. Say something. Ask a question. Put your deepest beliefs and perceptions into your work. That is what art is about. In that last one you posted, you are moving that direction. You might be getting there with some others in your gallery, but frankly, I can't tell what some are.

I will give you that people in this thread have been a bit... crass. My intent is purely constructive. However, to be completely honest, you haven't dealt with criticism well. If you don't like what I've said, block me now, I absolutely do not care. If you want to blast what I've done to try to justify what you have, I have no great love for anything I've done- it is absolutely worse that what you have. However, if you're willing to have an actually dialog about it, by all means, I'd be happy for it.

Lastly, in the end, it doesn't fucking matter what attention you deserve. Countless artist have come to light years after their deaths. There are would-be-greats that will never see the light of day. And a hundred fold more never even got the chance. If I'm wrong and your work is absolutely amazing, unfortunate as it may be, it's still a one-in-a-thousand chance anybody will give a shit. I'm not trying to be insulting, just realistic.
Honestly about that link, we do two different things but you could have reached further than post that. Her art isn't that good. First we are night and day. Second I prefer my art over hers. It is bolder, lines are more expressive, and my colors are more unique and vivid.

This is my favorite of hers from her first page:

This is my favorite from my first page:

If you are completely honest with yourself you'd see I am a the better artist than the one you posted. I just ain't impressed with her at all, and i would never want to paint like her. Its kitschy and overly sentimental. Her anatomy is off a lot and her colors are too subdue.

Also this...

...is in the style of impressionism. It suppose to give you an impression of something. Its actually done really well and is too better than that artist's best work. I think you need to search from impressionist work because you seem like you are making a judgment based on a limited understanding of art history. I think what it boils down is personal preference than capability.
Wow, you don't quit, do you? Just looking at that one picture that other person posted, the face shape is more correctly drawn and her technique is much more advanced.
you are not even better than me...so please, practice and become good or just dont claim fame for doing nothing special.
when did this become a pissing contest. I never said i was the best. I said I deserve way more attention.
but why do you deserve more attention? because you are better than most people. if not, you dont deserve more attention.

and you are only average, so be pleased with your 15000 pageviews.

Again...how did this become a pissing match. The is work better than her. I don't see your point? For someone thats been painting for 4 years I am more than average.

at 15 years old i wasnt even average...

You have one drawing that is decent, and its not oil painting:

Your other paintings are utterly shitty. The style is sentimental and contrieved so if i am average so are you.

You don't have an oil painting that could even contend against this:
Please explain exactly what's special about that Hendrix painting. I will assume an answer along the lines of 'you don't get it' means 'nothing'. 
You seriously need to get kicked off of your high horse. You're average at best, you keep posting the same mediocre painting of some stoned chick in a shower cap with a road growing out of her shoulder and claiming its your best piece ever when 90% of the art in !Kalaidon's gallery shows much more skill than anything in yours. You seem to think that just because you do oil paintings means you're better than anyone else. That assumption is wrong.
Some constructive criticism on that face: The nose and eyes are too big. The perspective is off. However, the face shape and hat are pretty great.
View all replies

no good photo, no good digital painting, no body painting, no animation...
View all replies

To hell with your rules. Besides, 3D media is a lot more fun than oil painting, in my opinion. Why don't you go back to Complaints and take your failtrolling with you?

:pat:
that crochet lamp is awesome, in fact all of those are! :love:
Thank you for taking a look over my artwork; I really appreciate it.

:D
^ I forgot to mention the artist. ~Leonidafremov

Stats do have some meaning, but you're right as far as that they aren't always reliable. People who are truly exceptional will get noticed on this site, even if it takes some time.