Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 153

I am Underappreciated and Deserve More Attention

:iconillastrat:
illastrat Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I am proof that stats mean nothing. I really deserve more attention. Take this as an opportunity to be exposed to something different. Please Watch me, fav, like, comment, etc. Also, if you are an OIL PAINTER, feel free to drop a few thumbs. I will comment. ONLY OIL PAINTERS.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnicolasjolly:
nicolasjolly Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Professional General Artist
I know it says oil paintings but..... SPAM ALERT! :spammer: :spammer: :spammer: :spammer: :spammer:

:iconplug-28:
plug-28 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
:iconprotogenoi-notus:
Protogenoi-Notus Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student General Artist
:iconb-nicolet:
b-nicoleT Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional Writer
Dude, we all deserve more attention. You're probably voicing what most of us are thinking about our own art, but it's pretty frustrating to see a post like yours. Although it's nice to be direct and honest, you're just flat out asking for people to give you attention, when a lot of us have been working to scrape in as much feedback as possible by giving others as much feedback as possible. It's like coming home from a hard day at work then having a stranger ask you for your money.

Your art is pretty nice, and I'll look through your gallery to see if there's some stuff I'd like to favorite, but my honest advice to you is to not post things like this in the future. It really frustrates people, as you've probably noticed from the comments you've been receiving. You're a good artist, but if you want more fans you'll need to work on public relations.
:iconjazzlizard:
JazzLizard Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
You don't deserve anything you haven't earned. You're mean to people, act like you're much more talented than you actually are, and are an admitted troll. Change your attitude towards DA, towards art and towards the people who might show you some of the attention you so desperately crave, and then you might actually get more than the snarky comebacks and insults you've been receiving recently.
:iconillastrat:
illastrat Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
true
:iconnicolasjolly:
nicolasjolly Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
:icononyisart:
OnyisArt Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Here are some work of mine!

:iconbassman1887:
bassman1887 Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
You have potential, but you need a lot of work. To compare (though she works in a lot of medias, and I wouldn't call her ideal, either) I would show you this person [link] and you are nowhere close. In many of your paintings, you put details that gets a little lost- there is too much detail in confined areas with large brush strokes that one cannot figure out what it is. (The bottom of the last one you posted is a good example)

I might not be representative of everybody, but if you want me to say about you "this person is absolutely great" it doesn't take a pretty picture. Make a point. Say something. Ask a question. Put your deepest beliefs and perceptions into your work. That is what art is about. In that last one you posted, you are moving that direction. You might be getting there with some others in your gallery, but frankly, I can't tell what some are.

I will give you that people in this thread have been a bit... crass. My intent is purely constructive. However, to be completely honest, you haven't dealt with criticism well. If you don't like what I've said, block me now, I absolutely do not care. If you want to blast what I've done to try to justify what you have, I have no great love for anything I've done- it is absolutely worse that what you have. However, if you're willing to have an actually dialog about it, by all means, I'd be happy for it.

Lastly, in the end, it doesn't fucking matter what attention you deserve. Countless artist have come to light years after their deaths. There are would-be-greats that will never see the light of day. And a hundred fold more never even got the chance. If I'm wrong and your work is absolutely amazing, unfortunate as it may be, it's still a one-in-a-thousand chance anybody will give a shit. I'm not trying to be insulting, just realistic.
Add a Comment: