December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Comic Page - Please Critique

:iconkitten-bomb:
Kitten-Bomb Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
Hello there =)
I've made a comic page prototype for my stories, trying to show motion in pictures and play with toning. No text or BG in this one.

If you could look it over and give me any advice, good or bad, I'd appreciate it very much =D.

Thank you for reading :heart:

[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconschris91:
schris91 Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Student Filmographer
I think its all too centered. Think a little more outside the box with placement and framing!
Kitten-Bomb Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
Thank you ^^
I've moved the stuff in the panels around a little, but I'm deff keeping that in mind for more pages, just learning at the moment =D
:iconschris91:
schris91 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Filmographer
No worries. Yeah also there's cool stuff about framing if you ever felt inclined to go google it. Framing for film and framing for comics has a lot of crossover too, studying the framing of a key frame in a movie can give you some cool ideas.
:iconleviadragon99:
leviadragon99 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
Mm, well it's a textless suiting up scene, a teeny bit ecchi but it does introduce us to the character's design, doesn't really do much else from a narrative perspective though.
Yeah, it was just an experiment really ^^ Wanted to play with a style. Think I've got it now =P
:iconleviadragon99:
leviadragon99 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
Mm, good luck with it then.
:iconthelamentation:
TheLamentation Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Artist
I think it's a bit strange that you've shown her eyes in the panel, but have lost the chance to show her in an angry badass pose by leaving her face out of the final portrait. The comic itself seems like it's trying to convey a kind of intensity ...and we are met with her intense eyes at the end of the dressing sequence, but in the end we don't get a picture of that emotion, we only get a picture of her bum, and probably a little more boob than would be comfortable for a normal person's spinal column.

I'm surprised to be saying this, but I think your action panels might be better if they had a little bit of sound effects. like a "shhffff" for the pants and a "click" for the belt to drive home the action of getting dressed rather than having each panel be very separate and static.
Thank you for the advice! I added some action noises =P Hope it's a little better, I plan on doing a few more experimental pages putting in what I've learned.
:iconmontyrohde:
MontyRohde Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Artist
Okay your four panels on the left are kind of static. Every object in every panel is lined up almost flush in the middle. This causes your eye to literally slid down straight down the page and you barely examine anything.

Make the layout more dynamic. In the first panel give her back more arch and place the drawing further to the left or right of the panel.

You can then use the hands in panel three to play off of whatever rhythm you create in panel one.

Ask for clarification if you don't understand my terminology.

Also while the foreshortening on the full body is very well done the pose is stiff and boring. Drop a shoulder and have her twisting around and looking in the viewer's direction.
Ah thank you for telling me how the eye flowed on that ^^, I've moved them slightly, couldn't do much, but I've made notes about eye movement for future pages.
Thank you again!
Add a Comment: