Show me your Fantasy/RPG artwork! Comments, Critiques, etc.

Hi! My last thumbshare thread was a huge success, and it had lots of people engaging, conversing, and commenting eachother! I'd like to duplicate that success here too! :)

Show me your fantasy artwork (any medium is fine, but no literature please) With a genre as vast as fantasy, I'm hoping to see some incredibly diverse artwork uploaded here! Also, tell me what got you into fantasy style artwork, and what you enjoy drawing the most! :)

Mine:

RULES:

- Please limit your post to 5 thumbs.

- You MUST comment in my actual deviation(s) first. This is both to prove that you've read the rules and also to let me know to comment on your work. Artists that post here that do not give feedback will be ignored.

- As far as comments, you get what you give. If you want thorough/sincere/engaging comments, then its only fair you do the same for me. Lets make this worth everyone's while so we all benefit! :)

- If you also want a critique, choose ONE of your thumbs and enlarge it so I know which one. One critique per commenter. Critiques do not need to be returned if you do not want.

Now lets see what you have! :)
Comments115
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Commented. Thank you for sharing. :)

I think these count as fantasy ^^; I'm happy I saw this thread though, I've recently drawn a few pictures of a character I created recently that would fit beautifully here, and I keep forgetting to put them up. As a random side note though, how do you enlarge thumbnails?
You use this code- :bigthumb: and after thumb you the thumb code. So for example :bigthumb1212121212 : but without spaces.

Glad you found the thread, then,. :)
Oooh, thanks a lot!!:)
You're welcome. :)
My newest ones are these:

How do I enlarge one of my thumbs?=_=
I want a critique on the B&W one.
You use this code- :bigthumb: and after thumb you the thumb code. So for example :bigthumb1212121212 : but without spaces.
Ah, thanks alot! Yay, learned something new! :D
I've known about it for some time, but never use it and so forgot about it again. People keep asking me how to do it, so I wasn't the only one who didn't know how at first.

The only reason I don't like using them normally is because its sort of distracting. Obviously, everyone is going to want their pictures to be bigger, but it just means more scrolling another person has to do. Its more considerate to just enlarge the ones you want people to focus on, or, in this case, the ones you want critiques on.
That´s true.
my most procrasturbated tree, my awesome leech, and my former pillar reinterpreted as a twin-serpent <3 i kinda messed up with my tree by uploading the prelighting-edited version but it's probably fine lol. i really love my leech and hope the 13 people that viewed it so far find it as epic as i do! xD

(like 5th time retyping this i've literally memorized it x_x to hell with the double-posting! ><)
my most procrasturbated tree, my awesome leech, and my former pillar reinterpreted as a twin-serpent <3 i kinda messed up with my tree by uploading the prelighting-edited version but it's probably fine lol. i really love my leech and hope the 13 people that viewed it so far find it as epic as i do! xD

(like 5th time retyping this i've literally memorized it x_x to hell with the double-posting! ><)

You're really nice for offering this!
I'm not doing anything that thousands of others aren't already doing on this forum, but thank you. :XD:
I guess what got me into fantasy art is the ability to put in whatever you want :lol:

I like drawing cats and birds the most.
Yes I know his hand is too small in the first one...I knew that before anyone pointed it out, but I don't want to redraw it yet. I certainly might redraw it in the future, when I feel that I have visibly improved again. This is the third time I've redrawn this page since I first made it a year and a half ago. (It's a good thing I love drawing Justice). ^^ And yes I know one of his ears doesn't connect as well as the other one too. ^^ Why do I always see my mistakes after inking? D:

So anyway I usually know what mistakes I've made and I usually don't like critiques unless the person critiquing my work can tell me exactly how to fix something that is wrong and it is something I don't know how to fix already. Like specifically...in the last thumb, I want to learn how to place the arms in the profile (the ones in the pocket) more effectively. I think I am doing it wrong, but I am not quite sure how to fix it. Do I make the upper arm more straight and then kind of level/angle the lower arm towards the body? If you have any tips on that problem, that would be awesome. ^^ Besides the anatomy...or the placement of the panels (which I am not going to change even though it is not a dynamic placement...I find those confusing to read, especially when made by amateurs) I'd like to know what you think about the character design and characterization (though you might not be able to do that last yet since it is only a couple of pages).

I commented, and hopefully you'll see what I'm talking about when you analyze it yourself.

To be honest with you though, I think you need to move on and draw more pages to keep things fresh, instead of trying to fix every little thing and let your comic stagnate. Its clear from your comment here, that you're frustrated and want to try and moderate what people will tell you by saying you already know this or that, or don't like critiques in general, etc. You're limiting people's ability to help you and you're fixating over the same panels and same art in those panels.

I'm not one to talk, since I was producing a doujinshi, and long periods of time passed between pages (not due to art complications, but me just having a lot on my plate), before I decided to move on to other projects, but one thing I did not do, was get overly fixated to the point that the project was not going anywhere.

You said this is the third time you've worked on this since a year and a half ago...I think this is a sign you need to move on and create more pages. Professionals and amateurs alike are not doing themselves any favors by babysitting a page for too long. I think a year and a half for one or three pages is too much.

That's just my advice, and I hope it can help you.
Actually I finished this manga a year and a half ago. Just drew it straight through. As I got some better drawing-wise though I wanted to redraw it. There are only a handful of pages that will be drawn more than twice. It's something I've always wanted to do, even when I was drawing it the first time because I was pretty unhappy with how it turned out artwise. Especially upsetting was that my characters didn't look anything like they were supposed too. At least this time they are pretty darned close. ^^

As for not liking critique...that's just me. I'm very sensitive especially when it comes to my art and I don't like people nit-picking at it. I know I have a lot of growing to do as an artist and I don't want it constantly pointed out to me. Usually I know what mistakes I've made anyway. Now if I specifically want help on a certain drawing, then I will ask...otherwise I just don't like critiques. I know the people making them are trying to be helpful, but that doesn't change the way I feel.
This the only fantasy images I have and they're getting near 3 years old now but I still love them. I tried to be provocative with her style.
I will let you know what I think on yours in a few

Commented. Thank you for sharing. :)