Share the best writing you found here on deviantART

OK so I found this guy's writing and I think it has it ALL.

Darkness, violence, gore, no censorship. Of course it is fantasy, but by now you should all know I LOVE fantasy! ^_^

Anyways, so it's this: [link]

Share the best writings you have found that someone else wrote! That means NOT you.

Hehe maybe I will be lucky and someone will say my story. :la:

This thread is for the best stories only. So post the best!
Comments118
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
There's more to .iterature than darkness, violence, and gore. That's not "all" there is to write about. Unless it serves the purpose of a story, most of violence and sex is contrived to gratify the visceral instincts of the lowest common denominators of people and not appeal to higher sensibilities. While there's nothing wrong to write about the most violent aspects of life, because they are a part of reality, they should not be the sole focus of any person. Humanity, philosophy, love, etc. are all just as, if not more, important.

As for the best thing I've read on dA, I would have to look back over the last six years of what I read and I can't think of it all. So I'll share my most recent favorite:
Furniture ShippingThe island was a beacon of light. Dark mists floated above the surrounding river, clouding  Asgard itself so the celestial city was unveiled only on close approach, a fair bride behind layers of veils. The sound of swirling currents and the painful thrashing of water against the shores emphasized its quiet majesty. Asgard itself wasn't visible from outside, guarded as it was by a high wall. Beyond it, the gods knew well the wonders of Idavoll, finest hall in the nine worlds, made of precious metals and set with jewels. The thirteen gods who judged the affairs of the nine worlds all sat in identical chairs. Odin's was only distinguished by its position upon a raised dais, whence he listened to the advice of the other high gods and eavesdropped on the other worlds. All this glory lay beyond the single egress that was Odin's mighty gate, which opened only for the worthy. The gods were now starting to wonder if Odin had overdone it while defining 'worthy.' Their collective feet wer
Ooooh looks neat. ^_^

Did you check out the story I posted? :D
What'd ya think? :D
Eh, I hesitate so say so because you obviously have strong feelings about it but I think it needs some revision...
Oh well evrey story gets better when you rewrite it. I edited my story already a couple times and it gets better each time! ^_^
Moved to the Thumbshare forum.
Please make sure to review the forum guidelines before posting next time :)
Despite this being simply smut and fanfiction for the most part it is quite ingenious within itself.
[link]

I like their slow character development and the way this person makes you attached to their characters, yearning for more as every chapter progresses. This caught my attention right away because of how well it is written.
Looks interesting. I'll give it a read. :)
Okay.
I didn't choose a fantasy writing because frankly I don't like the genre very much. But if you like it please let me know. I can always find other writers like this one to share.
Just read it, and I gotta say it was pretty good. Didn't hook me right off the bat, but I like the writing style. The twist wasn't obvious despite my efforts to think ahead, either. :)
Well, I'd better add her to my watch list, then.
I'm so flattered. :flirty:
I just have to say that I like your unique writing style and that I look forward to what you bring to the table in the future.