Your art for a melody

Hey there folks.

The idea of this thread is as follows:
You post a piece of art you made (painting, craft, photography, poem - anything really) and I tell you which song it makes me think of. I'm into a whole lot of different music genres, so the reply can be anything from classical or jazz, to rock and metal, to hip hop and rap to movie scores and ambient music, to the various electronic genres and many more.

I've made three threads like this before over the past couple of years and from experience I can say that eventually the amount of posts will become impossible to reply to (especially since I work from 9 to 5 and use the internet connection from my building's janitor's appartment :P), so please don't blame me if it takes me a month or two to reply.
I might write lengthy explanations as to why I chose a particular song, or I might just post the artist and title - really depends on the mechanisms your piece triggers in my brainbox :P

I'm looking forward to seeing your deviations :)

Happy posting, everyone (:
Comments109
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Happy Birthday on sunday :) That was my birthday too!
im intrigued about your reply!
I'll tell you what song inspired this if you want.

This sounds like fun, :D

I swear if you mention a Zelda song...
What an interesting idea!
I actually already based this one on a song and I'm hoping that you would know of it. Though even if you don't, I still like to know what you think :D

Holy cow I love this idea . . . o_O

I'm back! I see you've got a lot of interest here, so feel free to skip me for going in for seconds if you're short on time.

I want to put up the image I'm working on now for a song but it's not done yet! :cry: I am curious about this one, though:

Ahh sunsets, there's so much room for interpretation. This picture is amazingly beautiful. Damn, I love nature :D
In the song I picked, they talk about a sunrise rather than a sunset, but if you just change the "It's gonna be" to "It has been", you're all set - plus the song's mood is just the same as the pic's :)

Bill Wither's - Lovely Day

"When I wake up in the morning, love
And the sunlight hurts my eyes
And something without warning, love
Bears heavy on my mind

Then I look at you
And the world's alright with me
Just one look at you
And I know it's gonna be
A lovely day
Lovely day, lovely day, lovely day"

I think there's also a pretty decent Hip Hop cover out there, if that's more your fancy. Not quite as good as the original, but then what is? :P
Looks a lot like my first blending attempts :) Keep it up, eventually you know all the logical ways to apply blending by heart (I'm still working on that myself, but it's getting easier :)).

I'm not partial to anime, and I find it hard to come up with song associations for it... I do, however, have one for you. It might take some interpretation to match it with the picture tho. The song is

The White Stripes - In the Cold, Cold Night.

"I saw you standing in the corner
On the edge of a buring light
I saw you standing in the corner
Come to me again in the cold cold night

In the cold cold night

You make me feel a little older
Like a full grown women might.
But when you gonna grow colder

Come to me again in the cold cold night
In the cold cold night"
Sorry for the long wait - it was my birthday on Sunday so I had to do some planning and needed some time to relax afterwards :)

For your piece, I think

Alanis Morisette - Guardian

is very fitting. The vigilant, hardened look on his face (and, well, the huge sword) give the impression that he'd die for the the (seemingly) weak girl with the violin (tho I'm sure she's got some tricks up her protruding sleeves :P).

"I’ll be your keeper for life as your guardian
I’ll be your warrior of care your first warden
I’ll be your angel on call, I’ll be on demand
The greatest honor of all, as your guardian"
Thank you. I'm listening to it right now. Such a wonderful choice :D
Ha, so I watched the amazing western "Unforgiven" by Clint Eastwood yesterday. The very first and last scenes in the movie look a lot like your picture!

[link]

So the only songs I can think of right now are western-flair ones :P
I'll pick a song that's also feautured on the soundtrack of Fallout: New Vegas,

Lost Weekend Western Swing Band - In the Shadow of the Valley.

"In the shadow of the valley
I would like to settle down
Wide open space
Wind on my face"

"I have wandered many places
But they're all the same to me
Nowhere I've found
To settle down

A little bit further
I'll find my rest
In the shadow of the valley
That I love best