Looking for surreal, fantasy, mythical, psy artwork to feature in my before Christmas Journal!

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for great art to rant about in my next journal. I really enjoy searching DA for favs and people to watch, and decided to take it a bit further and create a feature journal in which I will do a personal critique and generally express how awesome I feel the art is. Since my own art is traditional surreal/psy/fantasy I decided to limit my feature to these styles, but in any medium! Please share as many thumbs as you'd like (Not your entire gallery please, just no limit on what you think is your best stuff.)

I will be informing people as soon as possible if I am planning to use their art in my feature, which will be on Friday the 8th Dec. I will also be linking it to my Facebook followers. =)

I'm looking forward to getting to see some cool crazy art! Throw it at me! **Dives for cover**

To start heres a few of mine ^.^
Comments78
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Gunna stop it here as I have plenty to look through! will put together the journal and inform the artists featured later this eve! ^.^
A true surreal scene. I really like the character and muted background in this and the rusty shading in his body is wonderful.
Another dragon fan is always great! Your strengths are the dragons eyes (Look fantastic) skin tones, scales and horn design/shading. I think the fluid motion of the flight needs work as it looks a bit stiff in the air, but still love them!
Thank you so much!
You're right there, I do need to work more with flying poses and such, I don't draw dragons flying very often ><
Theres so much packed in here! I love complex drawings, I think you've chosen great colours for the this they all flow into each other while still making things contrast and stand out. well done.
wow these are very nice. The two middle are my fav as they give a real sense of being lost, or searching for something in the Forest. I'm not a digital artist so I can't really comment on technique but the lighting effects look really spot on.
Thanls for sharing =)
I don't know if what i do is what you ask but maybe you'll find something interesting.

Yes! I love these! This is exactly the type of thing I'm after I really love the dog reminds me of Laika the first living creature in space in 1957. There's a lovely youtube music video about her here:[link]

The watercolour style is somthing I'm really getting into but still new.

I saw that you wanted psychedelic artwork, so this is what I've got. Color vomit.
Yeh colours good. ;) I think the second image is better drawn, but I prefer the first one with the melty colour effect as it has a dreamy psy effect.
Actually, the first image is better drawn. The person in the melty color picture just happens to be David Bowie, and in the picture I drew he wasn't the most attractive fellow. So it looks weird, but that's only because I drew a person who was, at the time, less than attractive. At least, I hope that's the case. He got a lot better looking with eyebrows.