Art that tells a story

Share any art in your gallery that tells a story (even a vague or open ended one) along with a brief summary of the piece's meaning.
I will look at all posts and comment on and/or :+fav: the ones I really like as long as you guys take a look at my pieces too! ^^

Maximum three thumbnails, all art welcome including literature! :D

---

A young mage ventures deep into an ancient cavern as part of a rite of passage. Protected only by his magical affinity, what he sees inside will change him forever.

A young boy is trapped in a mirror, unable to touch, eat, age or die.

Cheers guys, I look forward to seeing some cool stuff! :)

~Skruffye
Comments64
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Cover Illustration

Comic:
Newest one;

The woman looked over the edge of the bluff, staring at the smoldering wreck that was once her hometown. She wished she had returned earlier, to know where her family had gone... but there was no time for daydreaming, as a patrol force stomps through a field, searching for survivors. She would have to move fast.
These two are a couple, Billie and David. Usually they are more light hearted than how I depict them here, but I like the protective emotions you see between them.

This character is Stacy. She likes to be a good role model and is popular among her schoolmates for the right reasons. As you can tell by the jersey, she gets involved in school clubs and even made one herself to show people that their are athletes who are down to Earth people who dont make fun of others different from them. (She really hates the the whole Jocks being mean to Nerds stereotype)

Ariel is a blue skinned alien who studies cryptozoology and is really fascinated with the unique legendary creatures on Earth. She wants to find as many as she can, make friends with them and even enroll them in her college. Next to her is one of them, an eccentric Chupacabra. He's grumpy and kind of paranoid.

I wrote a poem that tells a story along with the painting in the description :)

Who knows what Wavebreak was doing so far offshore? Here on the open ocean it's Seasquall who's more in her element, but scrappy heroines are never to be underestimated...

Eldritch gods, ancient supernatural creatures screaming for your soul, despair that creeps into the very being until it devours a man from within... but duty is duty. It helps to have a good friend by your side. Especially when that friend is a reconstituted spirit that feeds on your otherwise-crippling guilt and grief.

I loved him.

Is pretty self explanatory XP
I originally made this about the 4 Mile fire a couple years back, since I have a lot of friend's whose homes were burned down (and mine almost did too) and I wanted to make something pretty spooky about forest fires in general.

Both paintings relate to one another, i like to work in a surreal way based off of dreams and fairy tales, this one was based off a quote from an old film which was put into a song from my favourite band (i do not remember what the film was, the song is called 'Love is easy')
It was basically about throwing a lasso over the moon and giving it to someone you love, which is what is going on with the rabbits, everything else is kind of a story for the viewer to figure out :D

Surreal portrayal of a family dinner. (More in the description)

A bad-ass modern gang member;
a twist of the original story about the girl in the red cloak.

Lord Corlatius faces his death

Eva, survivor in a doomed world, is torn between two ways

This picture series tells the story of an Alchemist named Yaldar, and a young boy names Miles. Mile's father (Dean) was a good friend of Yaldar's and left his son in his care when he had to go on a business trip. But, the boy's father didn't return from his trip, disappearing off the face of the earth. So Miles stayed with the Alchemist for the next two years, all trying to figure out what Yaldar knows about his father disappearance, and why the man refuses to tell him.
Emerging from her mother tree, a new spirit looks at the world for the first time.
When stairs are just too slow, based on a scene in a book where the main character takes a flying shortcut aided by a friend to dinner.

This is part of their engagement photos. How he proposed was going on a bike ride to a close by park (a park special to her) and popped the question. :D

A lonely person that only wanted love finds them-self "overdosing on love"
I like the second one's concept, even though the theme is a little dark. :) You're a pretty awesome photographer. ^^
A society struggling to feed an overpopulated land, and using everything they have until none is left.
Thieves who roam the land stealing light from every corner, bringing eternal night.
Thanks for looking :)
The first one is very well drawn and fits perfectly with the quote in the description, have a :+fav: my friend. ;)
Thank you :) I really appreciate it :hug:

an immortal girl that is stuck in some place where her only memories are placing the stars in the sky, her name being star. she is stuck in depression due to loneliness. i am debating if i should continue her story even more.

a sad merboy, looking up at seeing something from the world on land that is worrisome.
I definitely like the background story to the first one, I reckon you should carry on with it! :D