fairies

Any art work of fairies.

Here's mine.

Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
here is mine:
Uh... I think I did one, lemme look.

Yup. Crappy as far as actual art goes, but nonetheless a fairy.

And :iconthepoorcornelia: redid it for me:

Fairy seat carved into the remains of an oak tree that was cut down.

That is an amazing chair. Is it preserved in any way or will it be susceptible to rot?

For your signature, a better phrase would be "the best work is that which remains untouched by man."
Many thanks for the kind words.

Sadly the front/carved section is susceptible to rot, but I couldn't really put any preservative on it, as the rear section is still growing. I'm slowly training the regrowth upwards to form a shaded canopy over the seat. I guess that over time the seat back will decay, but I'm sure that by this time, I'll have completed a similar carving. :)

Many thanks also for the suggestion regarding my signature. I have duly changed it. :)
It is still growing? Wow.

Is there something to put on it to stop the rot? (I really know NOTHING about wood.)
Actually you have spurred me on to try to stop it from deteriorating. It was a fun piece to do, so it would be a shame just to let it go to ruin.

I have a piece a large piece of wood lined up for the next one, but that is going to be carved on all four sides, and I'm keen to have a dark side on one face with creatures of the night, then a light side side that is bright and happy. When I get round to carving it, I'd like other artists to be involved by drawing sections of it on paper, which I could then download and carve the drawings straight into it. It should prove to be good fun. Feel free to start drawing. :)
I'm happy you will try to preserve it. It seems like such a waste to let it go.

As for the drawing, I'd love to! Let me know if there is a theme to follow.
Fairy-elf-thing