share your artwork and i'll complain about how i don't like it

and feel free to post comments on my work explaining why you don't like it
Comments530
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:lock: by OP request.
sorry to anyone who did not get a reply but it's time i started working on my own uninspiring excuses for artworks, i'll be back sometime in the future and i'm sure i'll have a bunch of new shit to complain about!

All criticism appreciated, cheers folks.
Go easy on it. :(
this’ll be interesting. :XD:
This thread is amazing.... ...now lets hear how my art isn't.
whats so impressive about that? i put it into photoshop with the original photo and it's obviously traced, it's not some special unique idea it's just another boring clone of a photograph. What you think people are going to be impressed of how realistic it looks? if they are, it shows a lack of imagination on their part. As for technique you're not the first person to paint a picture using circles that are slightly opaque here's a painting that uses the exact same technique, i found it within seconds i'm sure if i searched a little while longer i could find many, many more. it's something that many novices experiment with when they start painting in photoshop. i find the expression funny, it's like looking in a mirror because this was almost the exact same expression i had when i first saw the painting!
I love you and this thread. Brings tears to my eyes of how much one can troll. Just beautiful.
so what you went up hancock tower and snapped a cityscape photograph, what do you want a job as a photographer working with the national geographic and a commendation for your outstanding work? not a chance in hell! any amateur with a camera can get in an elevator and press a button on their camera. The only impressive thing about the shot is the hard work of the 1000's of architects, builders and craftsmen who built the city! you didn't build it, it's not your accomplishment, why take a photo? like you accomplished something just by witnessing it.

Permission to complain back? C:
what is this van gogh meets anime? you can't just draw an anime character and copy the background of starry night, it's insulting to van! i'm sure he would be spinning in his grave knowing that people are combining his work with the commercialized and overused style of anime! He was all about new experimental art, not copying animated tv shows like millions of other artists.
You say in your description that "This is my OC. Her name is Shenzi.....she's a fire demon" asides from the fact that 'Shenzi' was one of the hyenas from the lion king, i would have never in a million years guessed she was a fire demon from looking at her, she looks more like an angst-y teenager who listens to my chemical romance and wears way too much mascara. If shes a fire demon then draw her doing some bad-ass shit with fucking flames everywhere. demons aren't nice people particularly fire demons they would be going bat shit setting everything in sight ablaze in a raging inferno of hate!
Hmpf, so you've got a problem with my inspiration? :lol:
Haha, this is experimental art. I don't have a style yet, so I'm trying out different ones.

What you don't realize is the story behind Shenzi that I was too lazy to type up. Pssst, she's on Earth. Of course she looks like an "angsty teenager," if she went around on fire and blowing everything up all the time, she would probably be either drowned in a lake or given the death sentence. So that's her human form. Dur.
And the reason she's on Earth? The demon world outcast her because she was so strange and kind-hearted.

PS: "demons aren't nice people" Demons aren't people at all. :pat:
if demons aren't people then why are you portraying one just like a person? that's like me drawing a carrot and then writing 'no, no it's actually an orange in disguise'
A good visual artist tells stories with their pictures not with their words.
It's a disguise. She's not actually a human, she is just able to change her appearance to one. You've got a problem with disguises?

An artist can do whatever they so choose with their art.
Sometimes, it's the viewers who are too blind or close-minded to see. :lol:
This'll be fun. xD
oh a head shot of princess zelda like that hasn't been done before. There's only like another 86,996 pictures on this website related to princess zelda, what did you think that that wasn't enough, and people needed to see one more? well i'm sick of seeing fan art's, it just shows that you lack the creativity to come up with your own characters. I don't like the way you paint, there's alot of noticeable mistakes, like the distortions on her fringe, her left eye is not circular and the shading on her nose is all messed up, i'm sure i can come up with more reasons why i don't like it but i'm getting tired of looking at her stupid and pretty face!
Haha, I actually prefer to draw original characters and frequently draw them over fan art, but I haven't posted them on dA. And there are mistakes, yeah.
This thread is awesome. xD
oh... It's some kinda strange effect you have here ...I wonder if I have a hidden SM side of me for posting it here when I know you just criticize.
first of all i don't like how you abbreviate things 'SM'. so now i have to search though urban dictionary and find out what you're trying to say. you may be saving like 1 second of your time but you're wasting about 1 minute of mine! oh so it's 'Sado Masochism' which means sexual torture, great like you use that phrase so often that you had to start abbreviating it.
As for the artwork you're proportions send the wrong message, what is this? why is it super skinny like an anorexic barbie doll is this your interpretation of what is considered sexy? as for the line weight it looks like you're still trying to figure out how to use it, well it's not doing it for me, the effects easy to emulate, and i have my suspicions that your just using pen tool with simulate pressure. you may think it makes you're art look stylized and cool leaving certain lines over lapping like on the arm and shoulder but to me it just says 'meh, erasing them is too much effort' now that's just plain lazy!