SoleShell Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
and feel free to post comments on my work explaining why you don't like it

Devious Comments

:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:lock: by OP request.
:iconsoleshell:
SoleShell Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
sorry to anyone who did not get a reply but it's time i started working on my own uninspiring excuses for artworks, i'll be back sometime in the future and i'm sure i'll have a bunch of new shit to complain about!
:iconmkemaster:
Mkemaster Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Good Luck! :D
:icondxtor:
dxtor Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012

All criticism appreciated, cheers folks.
:iconderdasdiepirat:
DerDasDiePIRAT Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:icondavid-essex:
David-Essex Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Go easy on it. :(
:iconninelyn:
Ninelyn Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconsychro:
Sychro Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
go for it :lol:
:iconmikimikimchi:
mikimikimchi Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional General Artist
this’ll be interesting. :XD:
:iconstealthesenses:
StealTheSenses Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
This thread is amazing.... ...now lets hear how my art isn't.
whats so impressive about that? i put it into photoshop with the original photo and it's obviously traced, it's not some special unique idea it's just another boring clone of a photograph. What you think people are going to be impressed of how realistic it looks? if they are, it shows a lack of imagination on their part. As for technique you're not the first person to paint a picture using circles that are slightly opaque here's a painting that uses the exact same technique, i found it within seconds i'm sure if i searched a little while longer i could find many, many more. it's something that many novices experiment with when they start painting in photoshop. i find the expression funny, it's like looking in a mirror because this was almost the exact same expression i had when i first saw the painting!
:iconstealthesenses:
StealTheSenses Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
I love you and this thread. Brings tears to my eyes of how much one can troll. Just beautiful.
:iconbozonio:
bozonio Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
so what you went up hancock tower and snapped a cityscape photograph, what do you want a job as a photographer working with the national geographic and a commendation for your outstanding work? not a chance in hell! any amateur with a camera can get in an elevator and press a button on their camera. The only impressive thing about the shot is the hard work of the 1000's of architects, builders and craftsmen who built the city! you didn't build it, it's not your accomplishment, why take a photo? like you accomplished something just by witnessing it.
:iconkhirate:
Khirate Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist

Permission to complain back? C:
what is this van gogh meets anime? you can't just draw an anime character and copy the background of starry night, it's insulting to van! i'm sure he would be spinning in his grave knowing that people are combining his work with the commercialized and overused style of anime! He was all about new experimental art, not copying animated tv shows like millions of other artists.
You say in your description that "This is my OC. Her name is Shenzi.....she's a fire demon" asides from the fact that 'Shenzi' was one of the hyenas from the lion king, i would have never in a million years guessed she was a fire demon from looking at her, she looks more like an angst-y teenager who listens to my chemical romance and wears way too much mascara. If shes a fire demon then draw her doing some bad-ass shit with fucking flames everywhere. demons aren't nice people particularly fire demons they would be going bat shit setting everything in sight ablaze in a raging inferno of hate!
Khirate Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hmpf, so you've got a problem with my inspiration? :lol:
Haha, this is experimental art. I don't have a style yet, so I'm trying out different ones.

What you don't realize is the story behind Shenzi that I was too lazy to type up. Pssst, she's on Earth. Of course she looks like an "angsty teenager," if she went around on fire and blowing everything up all the time, she would probably be either drowned in a lake or given the death sentence. So that's her human form. Dur.
And the reason she's on Earth? The demon world outcast her because she was so strange and kind-hearted.

PS: "demons aren't nice people" Demons aren't people at all. :pat:
if demons aren't people then why are you portraying one just like a person? that's like me drawing a carrot and then writing 'no, no it's actually an orange in disguise'
A good visual artist tells stories with their pictures not with their words.
Khirate Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's a disguise. She's not actually a human, she is just able to change her appearance to one. You've got a problem with disguises?

An artist can do whatever they so choose with their art.
Sometimes, it's the viewers who are too blind or close-minded to see. :lol:
:iconqueened:
queened Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
This'll be fun. xD
oh a head shot of princess zelda like that hasn't been done before. There's only like another 86,996 pictures on this website related to princess zelda, what did you think that that wasn't enough, and people needed to see one more? well i'm sick of seeing fan art's, it just shows that you lack the creativity to come up with your own characters. I don't like the way you paint, there's alot of noticeable mistakes, like the distortions on her fringe, her left eye is not circular and the shading on her nose is all messed up, i'm sure i can come up with more reasons why i don't like it but i'm getting tired of looking at her stupid and pretty face!
:iconqueened:
queened Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Haha, I actually prefer to draw original characters and frequently draw them over fan art, but I haven't posted them on dA. And there are mistakes, yeah.
This thread is awesome. xD
:iconouran90:
Ouran90 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student
oh... It's some kinda strange effect you have here ...I wonder if I have a hidden SM side of me for posting it here when I know you just criticize.
SoleShell Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
first of all i don't like how you abbreviate things 'SM'. so now i have to search though urban dictionary and find out what you're trying to say. you may be saving like 1 second of your time but you're wasting about 1 minute of mine! oh so it's 'Sado Masochism' which means sexual torture, great like you use that phrase so often that you had to start abbreviating it.
As for the artwork you're proportions send the wrong message, what is this? why is it super skinny like an anorexic barbie doll is this your interpretation of what is considered sexy? as for the line weight it looks like you're still trying to figure out how to use it, well it's not doing it for me, the effects easy to emulate, and i have my suspicions that your just using pen tool with simulate pressure. you may think it makes you're art look stylized and cool leaving certain lines over lapping like on the arm and shoulder but to me it just says 'meh, erasing them is too much effort' now that's just plain lazy!
:iconouran90:
Ouran90 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student
yeaaah, my drawings are a bit anorexic XD
David-Essex Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
if your not going to take this seriously why should i
What do you mean?
what do you wan't me to do? find the dictionary definition for each word i used, and write a 1000 word essay on the possible ways that sentence can be interpreted?
Please. Hurry.
ahhh finished at last.

The possible ways that "if you're not going to take this seriously why should i" can be interpretated
by soleshell

Introduction
Throught this essay i'll be exploring the origins and meaning behind the phrase "if you're not going to take this seriously why should i". By reaserching into it's origins and use throughout history i hope to educate people on how this statement came into being and why it's used in todays society. I was inspired to begin researching the subject because some dick on the internet decided to call me out. hopefully i can prove that i'm prepared to go the distance when it comes to trolling on forums. The issue here is that asshole's lack of a functional brain, it's the sole reason for this essay and i'll be refrencing back to it throught the course of my thesis.

USES AND ORIGINS
my research has lead me to believe that the phrase first originated in the movie Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) it was used by Luke sky walker, Luke Skywalker is a fictional character and the main protagonist of the original film trilogy of the Star Wars franchise, where he is portrayed by Mark Hamill. He is introduced in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, in which he is forced to leave home, and finds himself apprenticed to the Jedi master Obi-Wan Kenobi. He soon becomes an important figure in the Rebel Alliance, leading the struggle against the Galactic Empire. As the son of former Queen of Naboo and Republic Senator Padmé Amidala and her husband, Anakin Skywalker—a fallen Jedi also known as the Sith Lord Darth Vader—Luke is heir to a family deeply powerful in the Force. He is also the twin brother of Princess Leia Organa of the planet Alderaan, foster daughter of Senator Bail Organa and a leader of the Rebellion who recruited her brother into the cause. The Expanded Universe depicts him as a powerful Jedi Master and eventually the Grand Master of the New Jedi Order, as well as the father of Ben Skywalker, maternal uncle of Jacen Solo and ancestor of Cade Skywalker. Here's the excerpt from the movie in which luke skywalker uses the phrase: Darth Vader: And "the Force?" Well, that's just microscopic bateria in your bloodstream called "Midichlorians".
Luke Skywalker: [smoking a cigarette] Look, if you're not going to take this seriously, I'm out. I belive that Luke used this phrase to show a total lack of giving a shit, like he did not really care what darth vader was saying, i belive i had the same intentions when i used the phrase, it's a great way to show exactly how many fucks you give about a person and their ideas.
The phrase was also used in Saturday night fever here is the excerpt: "Good. That`s it. Do it again." "That`s it. Good. Again. - Tony, it`s only dancing! "If you`re not going to take this seriously, I don`t want to dance." "Don`t get mad. - Don`t get mad?" "I think we`ve done enough dancing for today." here the phrase was used to express the characters anger and frustration.
The phrase has also been used in the movie Ella Enchanted. Ella: (still holding her tongue) "My tongue itches." (scratches her tongue) Prof. Edith: "Well, if you're not going to take this seriously, I will have to appoint the winner as Hattie." in this instance the phrase was used to signify dissapointment in elle the prof goes on to say how she will apoint another winner encouraging elle to actually give a shit.

Thesis
It's clear to see that the phrase was most popular during the late 1970's the movie starwars has inspire people to repeat the pharse and accept it into society, as seen in my introduction the phrase can have 3 possible meaning 1. I dont give a fuck about you or your ideas 2. fuck this shit i don't want to dance and 3. Listen elle you little bitch stop scratching your tongue and pay attention! I believe my use of the phrase in respose to a certain dicks post on my deviant art forum thread was a combination of all 3. I used it mainly because his work was pathetic and not even worth my time to complain about. there had been 3 other instances where people posted similar pictures and to be honest i was fucking fed up of complaing about how shit they where. In hind sight perhaps i should have just complained about the work thaen i wouldnt be stuck writing this fucking 1000 word essay explaining the use of the phrase "if you're not going to take this seriously why should i" to some ignorant brain dead shit for brains on the internet. so with that in mind the phrase can be used as an easy way out of a situation you don't want to be in, but like all escapes they are short lived and eventually you have to face the issue and try to find some way to resolve it. I now believe that the phrase "if you're not going to take this seriously why should i" can be detromental and dangerous to use as, in this case, it has lead to the totally idioic, moronic and down right fucking ridicolous reply "what does that mean?" seriously what kind of fucked up dickhead asks that, they clearly know what it means but for some stupid reason they still ask, perhps they belive it will annoy or agrevvate the person who used the phrase "if you're not going to take this seriously why should i", in this case it was not succefull, in fact it had a completely different effect and gave me the opportunity to improve wy written skills and discover new possible means for the phrase "if you're not going to take this seriously why should i".

Six more words to go! DONE!

blow me.
I don't quite understand.
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
:laughing:
just quit already
i'm writing the introduction to the essay as we speak here are the definitions for each word used.

IF
-in case that; granting or supposing that; on condition that: Sing if you want to. Stay indoors if it rains. I'll go if you do.
-even though: an enthusiastic if small audience.
-whether: He asked if I knew Spanish.
-(used to introduce an exclamatory phrase): If only Dad could see me now!
-when or whenever: If it was raining, we had to play inside.
noun
-a supposition; uncertain possibility: The future is full of ifs.
-a condition, requirement, or stipulation: There are too many ifs in his agreement.

YOU'RE
contraction of you are

NOT
adverb
-(used to express negation, denial, refusal, or prohibition): You must not do that. It's not far from here.
-U.S. Slang . (used jocularly as a postpositive interjection to indicate that a previous statement is untrue): you're good at art. Not!

GOING
-the act of leaving or departing; departure: a safe going and quick return.
-the condition of surfaces, as those of roads, for walking or driving: After the heavy rain, the going was bad.
-progress; advancement: With such slow going, the work is behind schedule.
-Usually, goings. behavior; conduct; deportment.
-moving or working, as machinery.
-active, alive, or existing.
-continuing to operate or do business, especially in a successful manner: a going company.
-current; prevalent; usual: What is the going price of good farmland in this area?
-leaving; departing.

TO
-(used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from ): They came to the house.
-(used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of; toward: from north to south.
-(used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
-(used for expressing contact or contiguity) on; against; beside; upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
-(used for expressing a point of limit in time) before; until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
-(used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
-(used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
-(used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
-(used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
-(used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
-(used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
-(used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80.
-(used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
-(used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
-(used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
-(used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to; by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
-(used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
-(used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
-(used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in; making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
-(used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
-(used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
-Mathematics . raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81 ( 3 4 = 81 ).
-toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
-toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
-toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
-into a state of consciousness; out of unconsciousness: after he came to.

TAKE
-to get into one's hold or possession by voluntary action: to take a cigarette out of a box; to take a pen and begin to write.
-to hold, grasp, or grip: to take a book in one's hand; to take a child by the hand.
-to get into one's hands, possession, control, etc., by force or artifice: to take a bone from a snarling dog.
-to seize or capture: to take an enemy town; to take a prisoner.
-to catch or get (fish, game, etc.), especially by killing: to take a dozen trout on a good afternoon.
-to pick from a number; select: Take whichever you wish.
-to receive and accept willingly (something given or offered): to take a compliment with a smile; to take a bribe.
-to receive or be the recipient of (something bestowed, administered, etc.): to take first prize.
-to accept and act upon or comply with: to take advice; to take a dare.
-to receive or accept (a person) into some relation: to take someone in marriage; to take new members once a year.
-to receive, react, or respond to in a specified manner: Although she kept calm, she took his death hard.
-to receive as a payment or charge: He refused to take any money for the use of his car.
-to gain for use by payment, lease, etc.: to take a box at the opera; to take a beach house for a month.
-to secure regularly or periodically by payment: to take a magazine.
-to get or obtain from a source; derive: The book takes its title from Dante.
-to extract or quote: He took whole passages straight from Dickens.
-to obtain or exact as compensation for some wrong: to take revenge.
-to receive into the body or system, as by swallowing or inhaling: to take a pill; to take a breath of fresh air.
-to have for one's benefit or use: to take a meal; to take a nap; to take a bath.
-to use as a flavoring agent in a food or beverage: to take sugar in one's coffee.
-to be subjected to; undergo: to take a heat treatment.
-to endure or submit to with equanimity or without an appreciable weakening of one's resistance: to take a joke; unable to take punishment.
-to enter into the enjoyment of (recreation, a holiday, etc.): to take a vacation.
-to carry off without permission: to take something that belongs to another.
-to remove: to take the pins out of one's hair.
-to remove by death: The flood took many families.
-to end (a life): She took her own life.
-to subtract or deduct: If you take 2 from 5, that leaves 3.
-to carry with one: Take your lunch with you. Are you taking an umbrella?
-to convey in a means of transportation: We took them for a ride in the country.
-(of a vehicle) to convey or transport: Will this bus take me across town?
-(of a road, path, etc.) to serve as a means of conducting to or through some place or region: Fifth Avenue took us through the center of town. These stairs will take you up to the attic.
-to bring about a change in the state or condition of: Her ambition and perseverance took her quickly to the top of her field.
-to conduct or escort: to take someone out for dinner.
-to set about or succeed in getting over, through, or around (some obstacle); clear; negotiate: The horse took the hedge easily. He took the corner at top speed.
-to come upon suddenly; catch: to take someone by surprise.
-to get or contract; catch: He took cold over the weekend. I took a chill.
-to attack or affect, as with a disease: suddenly taken with a fit of coughing.
-to be capable of attaining as a result of some action or treatment: Most leathers take a high polish.
-to absorb or become impregnated with; be susceptible to: Waxed paper will not take ink. This cloth takes dye.
-to attract and hold: The red sweater took his eye. The urgent voice took her attention.
-to captivate or charm: The kitten took my fancy.
-to require: It takes courage to do that. The climb took all our strength.
-to employ for some specified or implied purpose: to take measures to curb drugs.
-to use as a means of transportation: to take a bus to the ferry.
-to get on or board (a means of transportation) at a given time or in a given place: She takes the train at Scarsdale.
-to proceed to occupy: to take a seat.
-to occupy; fill (time, space, etc.): His hobby takes most of his spare time. The machine takes a lot of room.
-to use up; consume: This car takes a great deal of oil. He took ten minutes to solve the problem.
-to avail oneself of: He took the opportunity to leave. She took the time to finish it properly.
-to do, perform, execute, etc.: to take a walk.
-to go into or enter: Take the next road to the left.
-to adopt and enter upon (a way, course, etc.): to take the path of least resistance.
-to act or perform: to take the part of the hero.
-to make (a reproduction, picture, or photograph): to take home movies of the children.
-to make a picture, especially a photograph, of: The photographer took us sitting down.
-to write down: to take a letter in shorthand; to take notes at a lecture.
-to apply oneself to; study: to take ballet; She took four courses in her freshman year.
-to deal with; treat: to take things in their proper order.
-to proceed to handle in some manner: to take a matter under consideration.
-to assume or undertake (a function, duty, job, etc.): The mayor took office last month.
-to assume or adopt (a symbol, badge, or the like) as a token of office: to take the veil; to take the throne.
-to assume the obligation of; be bound by: to take an oath.
-to assume or adopt as one's own: to take someone's part in an argument; He took the side of the speaker.
-to assume or appropriate as if by right: to take credit for someone else's work.
-to accept the burden of: She took the blame for his failure.
-to determine by inquiry, examination, measurement, scientific observation, etc.: to take someone's pulse; to take a census.
-to make or carry out for purposes of yielding such a determination: to take someone's measurements; to take a seismographic reading.
-to begin to have; experience (a certain feeling or state of mind): to take pride in one's appearance.
-to form and hold in the mind: to take a gloomy view.
-to grasp or apprehend mentally; understand; comprehend: Do you take my meaning, sir?
-to understand in a specified way: You shouldn't take the remark as an insult.
-to grasp the meaning of (a person): if we take him correctly.
-to accept the statements of: to take him at his word.
-to assume as a fact: I take it that you will be there.
-to regard or consider: They were taken to be wealthy.
-to capture or win (a piece, trick, etc.) in a game.
-Informal . to cheat, swindle, or victimize: They really take people in that shop. The museum got taken on that painting.
-to win or obtain money from: He took me for $10 in the poker game.
-(of a man) to have sexual intercourse with.
-Grammar . to be used with (a certain form, accent, case, mood, etc.): a verb that always takes an object.
-Law . to acquire property, as on the happening of an event: They take a fortune under the will.
-Baseball . (of a batter) to allow (a pitch) to go by without swinging at it: He took a third strike.
-the act of taking.
-something that is taken.
-the quantity of fish, game, etc., taken at one time.
-an opinion or assessment: What's your take on the candidate?
-an approach; treatment: a new take on an old idea.
-Informal . money taken in, especially profits.
-Journalism . a portion of copy assigned to a Linotype operator or compositor, usually part of a story or article.
-Movies .
-a scene, or a portion of a scene, photographed without any interruption or break.
-an instance of such continuous operation of the camera.
-Informal . a visual and mental response to something typically manifested in a stare expressing total absorption or wonderment: She did a slow take on being asked by reporters the same question for the third time.
-a recording of a musical performance.
-Medicine/Medical . a successful inoculation.

THIS
-(used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark, etc., as present, near, just mentioned or pointed out, supposed to be understood, or by way of emphasis): This is my coat.
-(used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., referring to the one nearer in place, time, or thought; opposed to that ): This is Liza and that is Amy.
-(used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., implying a contrast or contradistinction; opposed to that ): I'd take that instead of this.
-what is about to follow: Now hear this! Watch this!
-(used to indicate a person, place, thing, or degree as present, near, just indicated or mentioned, or as well-known or characteristic): These people are my friends. This problem has worried me for a long time.
-(used to indicate the nearer in time, place, or thought of two persons, things, etc.; opposed to that ).
-(used to imply mere contradistinction; opposed to that ).
-(used in place of an indefinite article for emphasis): I was walking down the street when I heard this explosion.
-(used with adjectives and adverbs of quantity or extent) to the extent or degree indicated: this far; this softly.

SERIOUSLY
-in a serious manner: He shook his head seriously.
-to an alarmingly grave extent: seriously ill.
-with genuine, earnest intent; sincerely: Seriously, kids, we have to get home before dark.

WHY
-for what? for what reason, cause, or purpose?: Why did you behave so badly?
-for what cause or reason: I don't know why he is leaving.
-for which; on account of which (usually after reason to introduce a relative clause): the reason why he refused to go.
-the reason for which: That is why he returned.
-a question concerning the cause or reason for which something is done, achieved, etc.: a child's unending hows and whys.
-the cause or reason: the whys and wherefores of a troublesome situation.
-(used as an expression of surprise, hesitation, etc., or sometimes a mere expletive): Why, you're artwork is crap!

SHOULD
-simple past tense of shall.
-(used to express condition): Were he to arrive, I should be pleased.
-must; ought (used to indicate duty, propriety, or expediency): You should not do that.
-would (used to make a statement less direct or blunt): I should think you would apologize.

I
-the ninth letter of the English alphabet, a vowel.
-any spoken sound represented by the letter I or i, as in big, nice, or ski.
-something having the shape of an I.
-a written or printed representation of the letter I or i.
-a device, as a printer's type, for reproducing the letter I or i.
-(used to denote the narrator of a literary work written in the first person singular).
-Metaphysics . the ego.
-the nominative singular pronoun, used by a speaker in referring to himself or herself.
I don't understand what you are getting at.
Look if you want some personal tutoring then you'll have to send me a 1000 word description of your previous experience and future goals!

of course i don't take on students for free and the estimated fee to teach someone as brain dead as you is $37.5 million. send the money via paypal and i may consider teaching you.
(1 Reply)
:iconninjatertel:
NinjaTertel Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
LOL Gimme all you got...

your works the same as all other gore-y/horror artworks, it fails to do anything other than creep me out, i don't see the appeal, why do people like you draw sadistic scenes of violence and mutilation, is that how you get your kicks? watching monsters devour things? do you ever consider these things from the victims perspective? being eaten alive by mutant turtles would be fucking horrifying! you've probably watched so many horror movies and played violent games that you have become desensitized to it all, and have actually started to enjoy it. If the world ran out of food i would be fucking careful around you, my instincts tell me you'd probably resort to cannibalism as soon as you got hungry!
artistically this is nothing special, you copied the idea of the mutant turtles, so what, fan art isn't impressive, you didn't invent or design the characters you just copied them. The whole scene just kind fades into the background which is just a photo with some filters, which tells me you were to lazy or untalented to create your own. The lighting doesn't make any sense, it's an alley way with little illumination, the only visible light source is the street light in the top right so why is the foreground so bright. The line work again just kinda blends into the picture, it's not iconic and has no individual style. There's hardly any texture being used and where you have tried to add texture to the shell it just kinda takes away from the image and makes it look amateurish. i'm actually getting annoyed looking at this picture now as it's covered with blood and violent ideas, which is not something i enjoy subjecting myself to.
:iconninjatertel:
NinjaTertel Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I expected something more.... :XD:
:iconapricots-from-nara:
Apricots-from-Nara Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist

I won 100$ and first place in the college art show for this and several other pieces. I apparently sent the judges into a raving fit from how fresh it was. And not because of the subject, but because of the technique I used to make it and the movement it has.
I don't care how much you 'won' for this lame sculpture of a samurai or how artistically inept the judges were. Oh so you used the same technique as raku ware, like that hasn't been around since the 18th century! and what an obvious choice 'oh i'm making a Japanese style sculpture, what would be an inventive and new technique i can use? ah i know, i'll use the age old traditional Japanese technique of raku!' everything about it is asian, but wait, whats this? you're an american, like there aren't a million other Asia obsessed Americans out there. your not establishing your own firing techniques or experimenting with new materials, you're just an amateur following in the footsteps of innovative, devoted potters like the raku-family.
I meant the technique on how I built it. I was not even allowed to make my own glazes at the point I made it. No one else was constructing figures in this way. Now everyone is tryign to do what I did.

I thought you were not replying to me anymore. :iconteheplz:
well it shows how much i care about you and your work, i didn't even remember who you were LOL
:iconteheeyesplz:
:iconmatija5850:
Matija5850 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
same boring idea as the millions of other fantasy art out monsters out there, you believe things must look scary and threatening to define them as being a 'beast'. Horned demons have been around since the times of ancient Greece, they are derived from the mythology of the Minotaur, it's nothing new. As for technique, so what, you use some new texture brushes and i'm supposed to be impressed. and what the fuck is going on with the pose, what is this an Edwardian portrait picture? what, you gonna give it to the beast to hang above his fire place, i can imagine him now sitting in his armchair, wearing a monocle, pipe and book in hand, about to tell an age old Christmas story.
another problem i have with this is you're not placing it into an interesting situation or expressing any kind of story or character, it's just a boring portrait picture.
:icontcempk:
tcempk Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
your artwork is marked as mature, and i don't view mature content. I can see by the warning that it contains violence and gore, what you think i'm gonna enjoy looking at violent gore-y pictures? like i'm some kind of sadistic fuck who enjoys seeing mutilations and things in pain. Your description says you owe credit to something, so i'm assuming you lacked the creativity to create your own design element, what do you want an abstract artist of the year award? well you ain't gonna get it, not by posting malevolent artwork and leeching off others ideas!
:iconplush-artist:
Plush-Artist Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I'm a glutton for punishment ;)

^^^^^ Old worn out plush stuffed animal horse that had its face decorated with various colors of Sharpie Markers.
Add a Comment: