Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Any critics ?? ^^

:icondawn-mayer:
Dawn-Mayer Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
Hi! Been a long time...
I would love if you can critic me ^^
I think I've improved a little since the lasts deviations but I'm not so sure though...Well here you have:

Please critic me :3

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconceruulean:
Ceruulean Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012   General Artist
The expression of the girl is very cute, but I would recommend staying away from using closed eyes as a way to show happiness because not many people actually close their eyes when they . . . show happiness (of course, always use your own artistic license because closed eyes can portray a peaceful happiness and such).

While the hand looks quite accurate, the foreshortening and the way the fingers bend is how a hand looks when it rests on a curved object, like a shoulder. Instead of a shoulder is a bunch of hair that kind of floats under it. I think it would be better if all three joints in the finger curl in like the pinkie does so it can grasp the hair. In addition hair tends to stick out in all sorts of directions, so especially where the hand grasps the hair some strands poking out would be a nice touch.

Small details like the wrinkle of the clothes and the eyelashes make it nice and unique. I hope this comment has been helpful to you! :thumbsup:
Dawn-Mayer Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
Thanks for the advices :D
I drawn her eyes closed because I wanted to show a peaceful expression, but yes, it looks a bit weird e-e

The hand was so difficult for me! I didn't know how to do it!
Thanks for the advices, next time I will keep them in mind :D

If it doesn't bother you, would you help me with this drawing? [link] I know there something wrong (besides the umbrella)but can't figure what it is! Could you please help me :iconbegplz:
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012   Digital Artist
I'm pretty good at giving critique and recommendations, so I shall give it a shot. =B

First of all, I think you need to bring down the weight of the line. Only use thick line where there is weight like her feet and the undersides of her legs. I can see you're trying to work out hands, I think you need to practice more at them. The doll's feet are not level with the girl and you need to get rid of some of the line, especially where there is a lot of light. The doll's face, even though you are going for the large moé manga eyes, they need to be reduced just by a little bit.

I really suggest looking for an illustrator called Andrew Loomis. He will tell you everything you need to know about figure drawing. Even Google Figurative Drawings online and fill loads of sketch pads with just drawings of how the body is constructed, how it moves and proportion. Try to draw your practice drawings as how people look in real life and also get pictures of skulls and draw loads of them. After a week or so doing this, you will see a vast improvement in your work but you must keep it up. =]
Thanks for your advices!!! In fact, I didn't like how the doll's face turned out...
The HANDS! Oh I spent like thirty minutes doing THAT thing! (thatīs why it is so dark, I used the eraser so many times that it went black ;-;)
So hard...I'm trying to do them right so I keep praticing...
Anyway, thanks :)
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012   Digital Artist
More advice I can give is always do rough sketches and work out things before doing a finished piece on a different page. Using references help loads too. =]

I'm more than happy to help anyone out with drawing. <3
Thanks for the advices :) I always do everything in the same page :facepalm:

Could you please help me with this drawing too [link]? I would be very grateful :iconiloveyouplz:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012   Digital Artist
No problem at all. =]
Add a Comment: