list 2-5 worst things about my works, and i'll list 2-5 i like BEST about yours

yup, list 2-5 things you find most terrible in my works, and I'll reply with 2-5 BEST things i like about yours ^ ^ unless you want me to list terrible things instead, i would be willing to do that too =v=
if you are too lazy to acutally look into my gallery, here are some more recent ones for you to look at I guess
Comments38
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
First, I really like your works a lot.

But since you asked...

1. The characters' faces are too... soft, if that makes sense. Almost everyone has a baby face, haha. Maybe it's a personal choice, but I don't care for it.
2. I think a bigger contrast between your lights and darks would make your pieces pop more.
3. A lot of your monochrome pieces are very detailed, while many of your full color pieces are less detailed.

That's about it. I'm not very nit-picky x)

If you don't mind, I'd like to hear good and bad things about my art. If you don't feel like doing both, just list the bad stuff. I'm sure there's plenty to list, heheh.

Let's see... first off, your work is quite good, but since you want me to be harsh, harsh i shall be :D
It's hard to find imperfections, let alone "terrible" things but...
1- They look slightly unfinished when it comes to body and BG
2- The air could use a bit more polish and contrasting lightning
3- the eyes of the third one are not exacly symetrical, as well the pink haired girl's eye, which looks bland
4- Running out o ideias
5-...potatoe

And thats all :D i would prefer if you pointed out the "terrible" in mine as well, i can take it :D
Okay:

1. Only one background out of 27 deviantions. That's like, no backgrounds at all.
2. In most of your pieces you cut your characters at chest or waist height and leave out things like arms, hands, elbows. You cut too many things out, and even if that can work sometimes, generally kills the potential movement of the poses and makes everything look more static.
3. You colour beautifully, but I think you stay too much in the midtones, and that makes everything look flat even if you put an effort to render shades. Working a bit with contrast, more highlights and darker dark areas it would have much more volume.

And this one I like a lot. It's very expressive.
And please, feel free to coment on the worst things in my drawings too. I'd like to hear some criticism :)
1.The background is too plain =3
That's about it >A<
This'll be hard, you're amazing :noes:

:bulletred: You cut things. In 'Golden smile' you cut the girl's wings. On 'Part of me' her ear is touching the canvas' border. I don't know shit about composition, but I know that should be avoided...
:bulletblue: Mainly portraits. Many artists love doing portraits, and some of them are amazing at it :la: But the gallery can get boring if it only has portraits.
:bulletyellow: NEON COLORS FTW!! Maybe it's just a matter of taste, but I prefer how you colored 'Part of me', with the bright and lively colors on her, and the dark, less saturated background, rather than, for example, 'What is this kid doing', where all the colors are shiny and saturated. That background is blinding. Blindening. Blindicating. I don't know the exact word, sorry. :XD:
:bulletpurple: Varied subjects. If you like drawing people, then draw varied people! :la: In your gallery there are mainly cute girls and kids, almost no boys, and no adult women and men.
:bulletgreen: Skill level. Stop being so much better than me! :XD: Just kidding, I just didn't know what else to add lol I told you it was difficult. :)

So, I'll wait for the 5 things you point out, either good or bad. All beedback is much appreciated. :nod:
They are well done. Hmm that said I suppose range of shading is limited (brighter side). Range of softness and hardness is limited (on soft end).

Try working more with colours and thicker lines. Think about the use of contrast within your images. What details should stick out? What needs to blend in? I would also play more with realism. When you mix fantasy (or anime) with elements of realism, you get something truly original. Try and find focal points and details for the viewer to hone in on. You definitely have something there.
thank you for your thoughful comment!
I'm sorry i cant really give you much about your works since Ii'm not that good with literature, I hope that is okay :(
well, here's some of my observations on yours
1. look a bit too static (some of them, mostly the ones that you colored in)
2. when you color, come details of the clothes, emotion and angles get smoothed out
3. other than the 2 above, i love your line art, you seem to be at best when you do line art :)
awww~ your comment about my lineart really encouraged me!
thing was I keep wanting to try lineart, but always thought i was terrible at it and was afraid to spend to much time, in the end I just become lazy and kind of just "blob around" with colors if you know what I mean.
So i'm really greatful for this encouragement!!
you're welcome
great art comes hard practice and lots of time spent
i love to see artists create their art at their best, despite how long a piece might take or how complex it could get
Ugh.. this is hard. I really like more stuff about them than hate. I'd say just the smudgyness looks a little off and it seems like it makes the colours look dirty in some areas, maybe try a different blending technique? I dunno. The other thing is that they just lack a bit of contrast, they could stand out much more with darker and brighter colours.
ah~ I see~ thanks! I will make sure to put more thoughts into by blending ^ ^
1. Uneven left and right shoulders and bodies
2. Sometimes off centered features, see first picture, right figure's mouth
3. Anatomically incorrect tiny nose
4. Somewhat static (hahahaha, better than me) - needs more light/dark contrast
5. You seem to smooth everything out even though it would be good to have a little roughness in the coloring

Errr. You can rip on my artwork all you want now. I'd prefer that over complimenting. o v o
haha, thanks for the comment! I will work hard to improve me work ^ ^
You're welcome. o v o
Arg. I forgot to gives some samples. Here are some:

1. The characters look a bit too static for me
2. I dont like that many things are too plain, some textures should be used
3. One color backgrounds are not interesting, however sometimes they make your character pop out.
4. I dont like too much smoothness, especially on the faces, again some textures would be nice to bring it to life even more
5. Lack of atmosphere / contrast - lightning wise

Hope that wasn't harsh, just some observations.
haha, don't worry, your comments are really helpful to me! I will certainly try out the suggestions from you ^ ^
I'm really greatful for you time :)
I would like to help you as well as i would request to point out the bad stuff about my art too. I think what you are doing is a great idea as i am always struggling to find out what i do wrong in my art.

- In my opinion you need to learn a bit more anatomy. I don't say yours is bad, i just think your poses and characters will look more lively. It will also help you draw more poses in variety of angles. Try to avoid drawing characters looking straight at the camera. (or body facing the camera)
- Your painting style is very nice, but I think you need to spend a bit more time on every picture, because it seams to lack the finished look. I would like to point out that your painting is very nice and thats why I am watching you, so don't take my comment as offense please. I think the best picture you drew (finished/painting wise is this: [link])
- This point might actually be one of the most important and might cover up the second point entirely (and mark it as not needed). The color theory. I notice in some of your pictures the colors don't harmonies with each other. For example I might think that the picture I mentioned above is more finished, because the colors are more balanced. I would suggest learning which colors match each other and which don't. Try to avoid too many colors in one picture. (for example the first picture in your journal has a little too many colors. While the characters are well colored, the umbrella with the background don't match.)

I hope this is helpful and I hope its possible for you to say something about my works too. I know there is something wrong in them (doesn't look finished, etc), but i can't always tell what it is. Would be awesome to know how people from outside look at them.
thanks so much for the thought you put into this reply!
don't worry, I wont take offense, like you said its really nice and helpful to have others explain problems that oyu can feel but can't really see in your own works so I'm greatful!
Actually there is one video I would like to add. This video is actually meant as fun and is a bit offensive, but i use it as guide line for my art instead (like for example i try to draw more then one character in one picture now and also draw more expressions) I think this video is actually a good 'bad point' point out. You know how people say fix one problem at a time. I just do them one by one. (and i mean it i am actually following this right now!) If you think its offensive though I am very sorry. Hope this helps: [link]