Helpful deviations

Created any? Faved any? Found any? Help each other out - share the most helpful deviations you know! :squee:

No limit - but remember, less is more.

Mine:

Get your Art some Attention

Five basic tips to get your Art some Attention, Appreciation & Audience

Here's some tips that may not get you a consistent spot on the front page right away, but that will definitely help getting some watchers and friends, whether you already have some, or not. First, let me make clear that this is only about 'good' attention – if you just want, say, a certain pageview count, there are probably better ways. ;P This article is for those who would like some people to take them serious as an artist and to actively watch them.:nod: Also note that you needn't follow all of the tips below, but it's recommendable to follow at least 3 of them. Just one or two will not usually get you very far. So here we go! :iconeagerpee: Submit art regularly. Try to find a balance between quality and quantity. Personally I think it's best to submit one or a couple of deviations a week, but only if you have something to upload that you like and find wort

Guide on How To Receive Feedback & Critique
:iconprojectcomment: This is an editorial written and submitted by ^namenotrequired on behalf of #ProjectComment, a group founded by ^3wyl that aims to encourage deviants to seek and provide constructive feedback that can help you to better yourself at your art. What's in this article :star: 1. Encouraging people to comment :star: 2. Getting comments through #ProjectComment :star: 3. Other places to get comments: :pointr: Groups :pointr: Forums :pointr: Chatrooms :star: 4. More related guides

:star: Encouraging people to comment :star:

:pointr: Make clear in your artist's or author's comments that you're looking for feedback. You can also ask specific questions to potential commenters about it (“Does this character come across as realistic?”, “Please tell me what you think of the composition/colours/...” etc.). More about using your Artist's/Autho
Comments81
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
To me also helpful:

(<-I'm also using them)

Once I did a tutorial but I dunno if it's really that helpful :D Maybe I should do a new one /:
Thanks so much for sharing! :squee:
I know it is :3 It's helped me a lot in regards to colour~

painting srages
A couple older ones that have been recently updated :meow: :

A Few Helpful Tips on Getting ExposureEdit: Updated 9-18-2012 with newer information Published August 27, 2009
Please note that this is not about pageviews! Pageviews count only a little toward the amount of attention your art receives. I would not recommend trying to obsessively increase your pageview number; doing so would just turn some people away from your art. If you'd like, you can even choose not to see pageview numbers (including your own). Some people prefer to do this. Just go to your Browsing Settings and uncheck the "See Pageviews" box. Tip #1: Favorite and comment often Browse the Newest page of the site a few times a day and pick several deviations to comment on or add to your favorites. However, do not fave everything you see! Only add what you truly enjoy. :) If the image really touches you, leave a heartfelt comment. If th
A Guide for New Deviants
So you've become a new deviant. You may be a little confused at first as to some features of the site, or what deviantART may be for. I hope this guide helps answer some of your questions. What exactly is deviantART, and what is it for? deviantART is a massive community of artists who come together to share their work. You have the option to "watch" artists, which means that you will receive messages that show when they upload new art. You can add work to your favorites and go back to view them at any time, leave comments, etc. There are many different categories of art, enough to suit everyone's tastes. Feel free to browse the front page for what you like. You can toggle through "Newest" and "Popular" (whether it's the most popular from 8 or 24 hours ago, or from "all time"). Uploading Art Some new members may have trouble when it comes to uploading their first deviat

And a couple tutorials:

Definitely faved some :nod:

Publishing Resources ListMake sure you :+fav: the news article! So you've written something freaking awesome. You've edited a million times (and if you haven't, turn around and go do that. Right now). You think you maybe want to take the leap and try publishing something. But you have no idea where to start. Well, this is a good place to be. This the journal where I'll be keeping a running list of all the publishing resources I find, both on and off dA. Most of it will probably be related to literary journals, since that's the stage where I'm at in my literary career, but I'll add things about book publishing as I find them. If you ever find a great resource, or if you'd like to request something specific, please leave me a note in the comments. Also this journal is probably going to be super-messy and slightly badly-categorized for the first few weeks, so if anything looks out of place and/or you can think of a better way for me to organi
Pricing Guide - G.A.G.Handbook Hello, all. My name is Kellan Stover, a budding professional illustrator close to finishing up his time at the Savannah College of Art and Design, achieving my BFA in illustration. I felt the need to create this news article for the benefit of every artist on deviantArt who intends to make money from their talent.

When one visits the deviantArt 'Employment Opportunities' forum, they should be shocked at what they find. Startling low prices abound. These are both offered by the clients, as well as quoted by the artists. The sad truth is most people aren't shocked at all. The perceived consensus is that it's business as usual. A lower price
Getting your comic under a label
:comic: The newest thing in comics, is an unfathomable possibility. Keeping your own vision, and doing your own comics! :comic: It used to be that you would either be an independent artist or a mainstream artist. :comic: The independent comic artist would create their work, self publish, and try desperately to get it distributed. They didn't call them underground comics because they managed to rise up to fame and glory with a million fans world wide. It was difficult, especially in the time before the internet. The Mainstream comic artist, would be sending in script samples, doing art tests and trying to make connections to break into the industry. They'd end up on a team working on someone elses comic. Or if their story was accepted, it may have been picked apart, parts re-written, characters removed, new characters added, until your comic story was barely recognized. :comic: Now today, what with the glory of the internet you are able to read comics o
Yay! Thanks for your great contributions too :la:
With our replies combined, we shall create an encyclopedia of REFERENCES :dummy:
You're welcome ^^
:la: I've always been a fan of that.
Aww, yay! :la:
I think I'll get around to updating it and making it more organized this week. It needs the work.