Closed to new replies
November 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Evolution of Portrait Drawing.

:iconartworkbydanielward:
ArtworkbyDanielWard Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
So these are my drawings of Portraits. From the bottom up. I have improved and I still need work. Tell me what you think!

(Newest One)

(Very First.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconannaszy:
AnnaSzy Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I like the newest one and the "old" Gaga the best. On the newest one, light is very realistic, clear, soft and really cool. And you really captured the model on this one. I see you've had some anatomy problems, like with the relation between the nose and lips, though the newest one is much better (better than most of my portraits, by the way). Maybe a bit more of 3D geometry at the sketch level will help? My other suggestion is to look up for a reference pictures with clearly defined, hard light, to see how lights and shadows are building the shape. Heavily edited magazine photos with uniform light aren't the best choice for learning. And of course, don't forget about life drawing - it's the basic on all levels.
:iconartworkbydanielward:
ArtworkbyDanielWard Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thanks for the advice I will look into all of that. I have only been drawing portraits for about a year or so, I keep pushing myself to do better.
:iconsimone4390:
simone4390 Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I can see you have become more self confident in portrait drawing. The newest portrait is more consistent than the oder ones.
Add a Comment: