Closed to new replies
November 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

Any tips for improvement for my style?

:icondjsakura-chan16:
Critiques needed.
And if you have any tips to share, please tell.
Here are my latest artworks:
[link] / // / / /

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconneoconvoy:
Neoconvoy Nov 5, 2012  Student General Artist
Try realism.
:iconannaszy:
AnnaSzy Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Looks like you have reached the current limit of improvement in this style. It's cool, cute, colorful and distinguishable :) . If you want to move on, try something different sometimes - academic drawing is probably the best choice. I think you may also benefit from landscapes or architecture, or maybe changing the medium. Observe nature, think and experiment! It may be hard to step out of your "comfort zone", but it's really worth it and fun. Your current style will benefit from this too (anatomy, backgrounds, color and stuff).
Thank You! ^u^

I'll try on experimenting architecture and realistic style.
:icontheblackbullets:
TheBlackBullets Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Forget style. Work on Anatomy.
Yeah, I know. Anatomy's one of my least-focused.
:iconmrthesaurus:
MrThesaurus Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You already are pretty good at what you do, the problem is that your atanomy isn't very realistic. I know you may think this is crazy but even considering the fact you have a very cartoony style you still should think about studying actual bodies. Even chibis need to have human anatomy, then once you understand it you can easily tweak it to make your own style.

So before you go too far you should take a step back to study real human anatomy. Hope I helped!
Thank You! And I'll try to work on it.
:iconmrthesaurus:
MrThesaurus Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Just take your time, I've been working on it for years and I'm still not even close to there. xD
So don't think in a couple hours of horrible, sweaty, intense drawing will you be an expert. ;D
:icontraein:
traein Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think with your current style you can't improve anymore, because with the shading and everything it looks almost like you've mastered it. If you wish to improve your over all drawing skills however, you might try practicing other styles, which could help out with your current style.
Add a Comment: