Has Anyone Ever Wanted To Be Re-Immersed Into A Fandom, Story, Characters, Etc., For Old Time Sake?

I just love the feeling of going into something with a fresh mind and the only thing you could do was think about it, day in and day out. Something that you were truest passionate about. Sleepless nights arose because of the wondrous feeling that you get everytime you think about it. The feeling of a bad day saved because of what you found to be interesting, life changing, even. The curiosity always brought you back for more and what you might find. Bt then one day, you finish the story, the fandom gets a little bland or the characters don't stick to you as they once did when you first saw it. Sure, they are still your absolute favourite, but the feeling isn't there any more. You wish you could get lost in them once again and have the feeling wash over you like a soothing shower. I wish to have that feeling again. Who else?

TL;DR: The first time you get into a fandom, story, character, ect. can be very pleasing to the eye and mind. But just for old time sake, you wish to get into it again, just like the first time. does anyone have the same feeling as me or is it something that everyone accepts and moves on? 
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yes. I sometimes feel that for my main fandom-Harry Potter. It would be nice to read it again without knowing what is going to happen. But if that would happen now,it would be different since all the books AND movies have come out. And part of the reason why I love it so much was the antipastion for the next release and the sharing and discussing of theories.
So, if I were to recreate the feeling of newness I would literally need to go back in time...and have some of my memories wiped o.0
(Sorry for the late reply.) That is very true to any story, and I think that waiting is half the fun! It sorta sucks when you have a good memory and literally know what is going to happen next in a book. I'll help ya with that time travelling machine and memory wiper, though.