Looking for a RP group!

I've been looking for an active, RP group for a while now that has active members and is open! I'm pretty open to any plot or story but whenever I find one, they're usually closed or private! I'm looking for a group that's a bit strict on Apps and characters. I'm still watching the ones that might open later but I still want to find out what you guys have joined or have made!

Please let me know! Thank you!
Comments52
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In

If you like The Mortal Instruments, Lord of the Rings, etc, you’ll love this Roleplay! TheOCGuardians is looking for more members! This fantasy RP has it all! Action, Romance, Drama! You name it, we have it! Send OCGuardians a note if you have more questions!

Custom species welcome! 

RasgarBlue already suggested it, but I'll support it. Tales of the Archives is a multiverse-based RPG that is very easy to place almost any character in and will likely satisfy everyone's genre. And since I'm in it now, it's almost guaranteed to be good.
Depending on what you are into......

:iconthe-world-seed:
A Sword Art Online based RP Group! Takes place after SAO, mainly in the world of Alfheim Online (more world get added later).
You don't have to know anything about SAO to join. Its a place for OC's only. It just opened for members today.

:iconluminaries-court:
A Steven Universe themed group. It takes place in two Courts that share the same planet. Ruled by Moonstone & Sunstone.It just opened a while ago and is still open for members!

:iconhappy-tails:
A group that features humans and animals (that turn into "humans"). Its a very large and popular group with around 650 members. Lots of friends to make!

:iconthe-brightest-shadow:
A cat based RP group. Its so much fun, I love it!

:iconpokemontownship:
Pokemon themed group that involves the Trainer mainly, but still lots of fun!!

Most of these are picky, and are open.

But some open periodically instead of being constantly open
New group with MYO, art contests/challenges, raffles, adopts, and hopefully RPing if I can get people interested!

BURROOTS GROUP!

Burroots - physical traits by artofdroth  Burroots 03 - OPEN by artofdroth  Burroots 008 - Lilac and Bunni - RAFFLE OPEN by artofdroth  
Tuber-academy is open! If you want, I can add you on the discord rp server
hey! I was wondering around DA and saw this post and if you're still interested...

:iconworlds-and-beyond: is open to reservations. It's a Kingdom hearts group if that's something interesting to you. ovo/ 
:iconkuriyama-rpg: has dragons and medieval and yokai and monsters and fantasy hohoho yes yes❤❤👌💪 (maybe even the vikings *cough*pirates*cough* dude why not later on) we're currently open and very active! and we also have good oc/app quality believe me 👌👌 it'd be awesome if you joined!
:iconanceria-world:
It's a new group based on a medieval fantasy world~
Feel free to ask questions about it, I'll answer to them!
Tanuki-Legacy-Rev
If you're into Pokemon and roleplaying thing...
maybe KetsukiAcademy would be something for you
Dance Rhythm by ucurmi

:iconnexusofhullbeck: We are at the moment looking for members as we are trying to reboot it backup and looking for members and admins. It is a fantasy city +16 based rp group that has a combat system. there are different distracts for the different people that live there.

Since any race is aloud to join in this group, we have homes for all sorts. Each distract provides different needs for ones that need it.

:Grey-orb: by kayosa-stockOrphus District (Normal)

Green-orb by kayosa-stockPhai District (Rural/Plant)

:Violet-orb: by kayosa-stockEboni District (Dark)

:Yellow-orb: by kayosa-stockHarmony District (Light/Holy)

:skyblue-orb: by kayosa-stockAquosi District (Water)

:Fire-orb: by kayosa-stockEfreen District (Heat)

:Silver-orb: by kayosa-stockMardeth District (Winter)

:Orange-orb: by kayosa-stockHarlock District (Underground)

You can also set up a shop or have some form of serves in a distract. The hope is to get a bunch of different little shops open.
There is also a plan to get some school ups.

Events always happen so keep up with the news to see what event is happening in each distract. Some are good while some are bad.

We have a chatroom on Deviant Art chat.deviantart.com/chat/Hullb… and on Skype.

Here is the Character App Journal nexusofhullbeck.deviantart.com… , Ability Point Reference soggy-pizza.deviantart.com/jou… and the rules nexusofhullbeck.deviantart.com… and hope you enjoy the group.
:iconthe-arhzung-tribes: is open!
It's a RP/Art based, open world group set in an African/Asian-esque type country, full of animal hybrid people. You can join under one of the nine tribes (starting out with one of nine different species) within the three Alliances \*u*/ 

We are currently wrapping up a plot event, which will be followed by one of annual festivals happening next month. So it would be an interesting time to join. And when we're not having large events, we have smaller "mini events" every three weeks. Then there is our ongoing theme surrounding the feud between the rainforest Tigers, and savannah Lions. Not to mention the neutral parties in the middle that try to keep the peace. 

Here's the joining journal, which contains links that detail each of the tribes you can join along with character creation!

Feel free to check us out if you are interested! And feel free to ask any questions!
Good luck on your search!
Feel free to take a look at :iconxmad-wonderlandx: 
Things are a bit slow right now, but I assure you we're still active, as we're currently planning where to head next! We should be up and running again soon! 
:iconprojectxii-home:

It's an old group I had for a while from an old account. It's under maitence and everything, but we are looking for staff members or just basic members in general. Positions are open. 

-Applications are written or art (working on the digital app form) either are fine with us. 
-Here is the storyline: 
The Story LineIn the year of 2000, there lies a scientific laboratory, Lilatic Labs, that specifically lied in an unknown area of America near the city of Chicago, Illinois. They specialized in animal mutation research with all sorts of odd and never seen creatures from the infamous Bigfoot to Aliens to mixed hybrids of other animals or just plain animals themselves. The scientist who were studying the genetics and odd power these animals were given, created mutated humans. Stealing them from their own parents as infants or basically being given as volunteers. Manipulating their DNA, they became hybrid anthros of these odd creatures or basic everyday animals such as ears, tail, patches of scales or fur, animal-behaviors etc etc. Oddly, they had special powers such as elemental manipulations or animal weapons such as snake venom or a cheetah's speed. Hundreds of these anthros were put to sleep in chambers until they were ready to wake up. Only three remained awake. Many had died or were tossed awa
-We are perhaps looking into a new icon, probably holding a contest for that. 

I want to thank you for your interest in us. Please I hope you find what your looking for and consider joining us :D
I have two suggestions.

TalesOfArcheio is a group where characters are ordinary humans with creative skills and talents. They are brought to the magical dimension of Archeio, where these skills essentially become superpowers. For instance, I have a character who's a guitarist that can affect enemies and allies with her songs. These characters, called Sketchists, are fighting to promote creativity and originality against enemies like Mary Sues and writer's block. We have an ongoing plot, and lots of opportunities for members to add things to the world, such as creatures, background characters, lore, and locations.

TalesoftheArchives is a new group that's just starting up. The characters have come from all manner of worlds or dimensions to guard this interdimensional library, which keeps track of knowledge and magical artifacts. These guardians are tasked not only with protecting the library, but also visiting various dimensions to retrieve dangerous artifacts and return them to The Archives.
I know one :icondigimonkopya:
It is based on digimon but has a kind of AU storyline going on.
Ya have to read some of the past journals to know what's going on
but it's quite interesting ^_^
:iconafterfact: opens on September 16th

:icon0-penumbra-0: opens in October~
:icono-leonum-persequeris: is currently open to members!
-
Synopsis: O Leonum Persequeris is a circus art role-play group. Set in a fictional world in a kingdom made up of several countries. Each country has its own ruler, and a circus. Each country is using their circus to carry out their wishes, as well as gain the Monarch's favor. May the best circus win.
--
We're a pretty new group, so there's only two of us right now. While it may not look particularly active, it's mostly because it's just us admins. ^^; We do require applications to be approved before joining, though, so be sure to read through all the journals to get all the info you need!
I forgot to add this in my last comment but I'm really looking for anything:

-dystopian/apocalyptic
-Dragons yES-
-vikings/medieval
-yokai/monsters
-fantasy

But you can continue sharing groups outside of this category! I'm open to anything.
Ah, sorry I haven't been replying! Busy busy busy! All of these suggestions are amazing, thank you! Don't worry, I'm reading them~ c:
:iconsigma-black:

We're a military, sci-fi and horror group.

We do have standards and enforce them pretty regularly as the applications go through 3 moderator hands before they are approved typically, we are very plot oriented but try to avoid railroading character as much as possible. We also like to try and incorporate player character's backgrounds into the main plot if possible.

We hope you consider giving our group a look!