February Realism-In-Anime Contest!

Hello everyone! Co-founder of the Realism-In-Anime group here with a new and exciting contest for you! It's been a couple months since our last contest, and while it is a little last minute, I figured we could kick off February with a new one! Most of you aren't familiar with me, so allow me to introduce myself while I am at it. I am LewiMeeks, your co-founder and partner in crime to BellaNamikaze.

This contest will all about birthdays in anime! We came to the realization that there are a LOT of birthdays in February for some of our favorite characters. So for this contest, you'll need to submit a piece of art that is of your favorite character with a February birthday! Don't worry, we will provide a list of some popular ones.

The Scoring will be decided out of the following categories:

1. Theme- This is a birthday themed contest. While you can do any type of spin on the birthday theme you want, such as a more dark, depressing take like spending a birthday alone, to a more happy take such as a character being surrounded by friends for a party, it MUST have a birthday-esque theme. Even if it's as simple as wearing a party hat.

2. Realistic/Semi Realistic- For your submission to go anywhere, it MUST be realistic, or semi-realistic. This group is called Realism-In-Anime for a reason. There will be no bias between realistic or semi-realistic, but it must be one of the two to enter.

3. Unique Factor- This portion of the scoring will be all about making your submission stand out. If it stands out to us, then you will get a good score here. We're looking for unique takes on our theme, so anything unusual and out of the ordinary will do well here.

4. Overall- This portion of grading will come from the overall look of the piece and how well it fits together. The more natural the piece looks together, the better the score you'll get here. 

Each catagory is worth 25 points each. There are 100 possible points.

Rules

1. This contest is a little different. To make sure that there is a fair prize for the winner, we're going to do an entry fee. It's not much, just 10 points, but that makes a difference in the prizes we will be awarding for the end. Or if you just wanna donate to the prize pool, there is one located for it on my page LewiMeeks. Your entry fee will go into the donations pool along with regular donations, but to make sure that I see it, make sure that you note me when you put your entry fee in and DO NOT submit your entry fee until you're ready to enter your piece.

2. Your entry must have a birthday theme.

3. Your entry must be realistic or semi-realistic.

4. If you see an anime or character below that isn't listed and you know they have a February birthday, just drop me a note, and I will double check it and approve.

5. When you submit your entry, you MUST put the name and anime the character is from either in the title of the piece, or the description of the piece.

6. The folder to submit your entry to can be located here: realism-in-anime.deviantart.co…

7. To enter the contest you must be a member of the group. If you're an outsider feel free to join!

8. At this time, the deadline for the contest is on MARCH 8, 2016. I am giving you an extra week since we were a week late getting started.

9. One entry per person.

10. If you have questions about the contest or just generally inquiries, note me please!

Prizes

1st Place- First place will receive a points amount to be disclosed at a later date, a llama, and a spot in the featured folder.

Runner Up- The Runner Up will receive a spot in the featured folder, a llama, and depending on how well our entry fee and donations pool goes, possibly a point prize

Participants- Participants will all receive a llama for being a good sport and entering their beautiful creations.

February Birthdays Listed In Order of Anime

Attack On Titan 

Mikasa Ackerman - Feb. 10th
Ymir - Feb. 17th

Bleach

Soifon - Feb. 11th
Yachiru Kusajishi - Feb. 12th

Code Geass-

Lloyd Asplund - Feb. 2nd
Schneizel el Britannia - Feb. 14th
Diethard Ried - Feb. 16th

Death Note

Matt/Mail Jeevas - Feb. 1st
Light Yagami - Feb. 28th

Digimon

Mimi - Feb. 28th

Gundam 

Frau Bou - Feb. 6th

Naruto

Third Hokage/Hiruzen Sarutobi - Feb. 8th
Obito Uchiha - Feb. 10th
Hanzo - Feb. 12th
Tayuya - Feb. 15th
Suigetsu Hozuki- Feb. 18th
Konan Yahiko - Feb. 20th
Yoroi Akadou - Feb. 21st
Kabuto Yakushi - Feb. 29th

One Piece

Nefertari Vivi - Feb. 2nd
Nico Robin - Feb. 6th 
Bartholomew Kuma - Feb. 9th

Ouran High Host Club

Haruhi Fujioka - Feb. 4th
Mitsukuni Haninozuka - Feb. 29th

Pokemon

Mewtwo - Feb. 6th

Prince Of Tennis

Yuuta Fuji - Feb. 18th
Shuusuki Fuji - Feb. 29th

Sailor Moon

Yaten Kou/Sailor Star Healer - Feb. 8th
Kunzite - Feb. 23th

Tokyo Ghoul 

Nishio Nishiki - Feb. 4th

Vocaloid 

Rena Tetsune - Feb. 8th
Kaito - Feb. 17th
Spicy Andy - Feb. 23th

YuGiOh

Ryuji Otogi/Duke Devlin - Feb. 28th

Thank you everyone! We hope to see lots of wonderful pieces! Have a lovely evening.

-LewiMeeks
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In