Looking for a drawing improvement type group.

I've been hunting around for an art group that emphasizes personal self improvement on figure drawing/perspective/composition. Something that might hold challenges and assignments to help artists develop their skills. Anyone have any recommendations or is this something I might need to put together myself?
Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:iconartistsinthemaking: Here's a group that might be what you're looking for. 

That could be interesting, it seems like it's more geared towards getting members to write critiques for each other. 
    Yeah a little bit, but the members more often offer each other support or make suggestions on how to improve their artwork.
    Man, I have a bunch of awesome suggestions here to start with! I seriously want to join ALL of these groups and see what happens!
    It's good to hear you've gotten lots of great suggestions. 
    I hope it works out well for you. 
    Maybe? :iconprojectcomment::icongrowing-artists::iconrising-artists:
    Also :iconseniormentors: ?
    I'll take a look at them!! Are they very active?? Neato. That Growing-Artists one actually does exactly what I was saying; they had a challenge for the month of August. 
    Good to hear. With Comment Tags' Assignments and Contests respectively they are.
    How is SMP though? JenFruzz :la:

For other challenges :iconbattle-artist::iconoc-challenge: and :iconthought-up: have some.
    The SMP looks interesting but I'm not sure if maybe i would need a more advanced mentor? I looked through their galleries and felt like my own artwork was pretty comparable. Maybe I'm talking out my butt though and didn't peruse enough of them though.

OC-Challenge looks awesome and Battle Artist?? WuTT?? I'll check them out.