Science!!

Attention science nerds!

I've had this idea for a while but needed to take time to finish my Ph.D. before I enacted it. But here we are now.  I am starting a new group for science fans everywhere. (And by the way, by "science" I do mean ALL sciences, from physics to psychology and of course math.) Here is your chance to get it on this group at the ground level and help shape it.

Here is my vision of what the group will be about:

sharing science-related art
sharing news and stories
having real discussions 

I'm looking for members who can be active, and I'm looking for admins to help keep discussions going. This is an experiment (ha!) in whether a discussion group related to but not exclusively dedicated to art can succeed on DA.

i don't have an icon yet but come join me here: e-equals-mc2 

thanks!

Aeirmid
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I love science!!!!!!! Physics, biology, chemistry, earth and space, medical,psychology, evolution, ect :) great idea!
Sounds like it could be very interesting and fun.
This sounds fantastic. I am studying engineering, and I would love to be a part of it.  If you are interested in recruiting volunteers to help with the group, I would be happy to spend some time to help this grow!
I'd love that. We are still trying to get some ideas together but I'll shoot you an admin invite!
All sci? So it's cover health-ralated thing?
If yes, i would like to join!

I mean .. some drawing? Or sketched. / or it had to be photograph?

group name was really geek but.. ahh
Health is part of science, so sure! I made the name geeky on purpose but if need be we can always reorganize under a new group name. And we'd have to decide whether to accept all art, judge quality, etc. or not.
YES! the group name is a bit meh, quite unappealing
It would be a privilege to work for your group even if it has that name
I will join immediately
I could make an icon as well, unless that job is reserved for professionals
With the name, I was going for maximum geek, lol.  But we can always reorganize it into a new group once we set our direction, etc. I can shoot you an admin invitation too... I will do that ASAP. I am not on a computer but on a phone and it's a pain to do that via phone.  As for an icon, what do you have in mind? I'd love to hear your ideas. 
Have you seen the new Cosmos series with Neil deGrasse Tyson?
You know the intro of that would make for a pretty fascinating icon
Yeah but I don't want to steal their stuff. I'm seeing like an atom diagram as a solar system, so we're on the same page. 
also, the planetary model of the atom, as well as Bhor's improved model of electron shells are wildly outdated...
Hated it ever since I learned of it  which is only possible because the quantum model has already been established when I started learning about it
Helium Atom :atom: H-Bomb Orgasm Atom Atomic Cock Nucleus 

I know you're trying to capture the imagination of as many people as possible so, it might be a bit generic
I know the quantum model is more accepted but it's difficult to picture. I wonder if it could be something like light shooting across the screen. Or maybe we should just use test tubes, except that seems to limit us to physical sciences. 
I got it, how about a scientist messing aroung in a lab, and creating an explosion which transitions into a  supernova, which ends up looking like the helix nebula and then turns into an eye, and then zooms back out to the lab

We'll put the group name in there some where
Or not, I'm not a fan
nah,I'm not saying take a snap shot of it, it's too big anyway
It's just for inspiration
Oh got it! Thanks. :)
Neat, what did you get your Ph.D. in?
Public health. Specifically, health behavior with minors in epidemiology and biostatistics.