Looking for a new role-play group

I've been looking to get back into role-playing for awhile, but I heavily prefer group role-plays to one-on-one scenarios (for the most part).  So I'm looking to find one or two groups to really get into, and hopefully make some new friends along the way.

My preferred methods of group role-play are forums and comments on dA blogs, but I will also consider Skype chats.  The dA chat system often doesn't work for me, so I probably won't be able to join groups who rely heavily on those chats to role-play.

Also, paragraph format is a MUST.  I hate script-style role-plays.  Also I would prefer a group whose writing level is semi-literate.  Nothing against newbies, but I don't want to be posting a five paragraph long reply to get a few sentences in response.

Genres I'm Very Interested In:
:bulletgreen: Science fiction
:bulletgreen: Animals/anthro/creatures
:bulletgreen: Pokemon (EXCEPT Gijinkas; anthro/trainer rp's are okay though)
:bulletgreen: Post-apocalyptic or disaster stories
:bulletgreen: Some fantasy themes (though I'm more into sci-fi)

Genres I Have NO Interest In:
:bulletred: High School or Academy settings
:bulletred: Most fandoms
:bulletred: OCT's or similar (i.e. role-plays with character elimination rounds)

Other things to note:
:bulletblack: I'm typically hesitant about groups that focus on human characters since I find humans a lot more difficult and time-consuming to draw than animals.  This doesn't mean I won't join them, but if there's a lot of art required I most likely will pass.
:bulletblack: I'm a full-time university student.  Please don't advertise groups that have strict activity checks; once a month is fine, but not every week.  Be reasonable.
:bulletblack: I am also available for one-on-one role-plays, but would largely prefer a group set-up.  Still, you can make the offer if you want.
Comments25
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm hoping to revive an anthro/bipedal animal group called :iconby-lanterns-light:. If you're interested in joining and have friends I hope you'd join and reach out to others to help grow the group.
Ooh, this looks very interesting~
I'll be sure to spread word around, this place looks very promising :D
Oh~! Thank you so much! It means a lot!
:iconthe-survived:

We're still small, and the story is a really slow burn. :'> 
This is the one group I keep seeing and wanting to join but never get around to making an app for ;;

I'm definitely interested in this!  Zombies are awesome :'D
If I get some spare time in the weekend I'll whip up an app
:la: Super duper, us admins looks forward it. 
Would you perhaps be interested in :iconsweet-factory:?
We ask members what their preferred formats are. We do use chats but we don't rely heavily on them. 
This looks promising, though I am hesitant about groups that focus on humanoid characters because of how difficult I find them to draw.  I will consider it
I am not a human artists and yet I am the founder. 
On the application I actually stated "Any humanoid creature/species IS allowed but you HAVE to be a sweet of sorts". I should probably add anthropomorphism as well. If you are interested and want to know if a character concept is allowed then don't be afraid to ask.
This RP is more of a halloween/monster/candy factory-type thing. As long as its mainly a sweet and can function properly as an employee then you can create any humanoid/animal character. Most characters are just made humanoid.
If you did want to join, on the application you could draw the human form and then the beast form. Just throwing ideas out because this group was a lot of fun before I re-booted it.
Ahh, my mistake ;; the way I read it made it sound like they had to be human-like in appearance (like, human representations of food or similar).

I'll do a few sketches first, maybe.  I sorta have an idea (maybe something like Vel's human form but with different hands/feet because I cannot draw them to save myself) but I'll need to develop it a little more.
Yeah that works great! 
(I can't draw them either)
meh ...same here .__. sadly i fine non so i make a group for it but i need more members ... www.deviantart.com/messages/#v… ... Our Universe where u can be who ever or what everu want :v ...
Your link is broken ;;
I'm in a few that are fairly active, but I'd ideally like to join a few more
I've had a look and your group doesn't really interest me, sorry ;;
well duh am new at this ... need more members , more ideats ...i just need help .__. really am a noob at this thing ... 
Okay, well, basically your group needs a focus.  It's all well and good having a large community of "do what you want", but if you're looking to make a group scenario then you need a plot, some guidelines and stuff like that.
View all replies
oh we are having a role play right now ... wanna join us?
chat.deviantart.com/chat/Thegl…
I'd recommend browsing www.rprepository.com/ for that, there are options and I am sure you'll find something!
Ooh, this looks promising!  Thank you :hug:
Sure thing (^_^)