Group Activity

How do you get people to be more active? When you propose collabs, stories, and other fun activities? When we say that we'll work together? When w try to make it fun?
Comments14
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I think getting to know the members personally is a good idea. Groups are exactly what it says - groups, a community of individuals with individual interests. Even if you or your mods don't have time to personally get to know all the members in your group, you could start incentivizing your group members into getting to know each other through watches, comments, and favorites. If everyone in the group starts to know everyone else in the group, at least by name, they'll be more willing to band together and do fun activities together!
I feel as if I know everyone, to a certain extent. Like, to the extent that I know you and the others from the NOM or Literature communuity. How much more can I go?
I don't know if the others know each other though
Well, encourage them to get to know each other then! Depending on how big the group is, you could randomize them and pair them up with somebody else to go comment on the other person's work or something? 
Sounds nice. There are only 10 or so people
So that means if you can pair everyone up ten times then everyone will know everyone else, at least a little, which will make for a more tightly-knit group!
Sounds awesome! Thanks
If nobody sees the journal you made, you could just mention them in pairs too~ Make sure it's optional, but people do like attention, and they're perfectly willing to reciprocate that attention~ 
It depends a lot on what kind of group you have.

But having things people can participate in and win prizes or features with is usually a good way to start.
The prize is pretty much the submission for the whole group. It's a fan-club thing and so a collab or story benefits everyone. But is that not enough incentive? 
The thing with fanart is that you can't exactly make people draw more fanart just for your group.
And just saying "your prize is being able to post in this group" isn't exactly going to make people eager to submit either.

With fangroups your best bet would probably be to try to let a lot of people who are also fans know about its existence without annoying them. (so no leaving messages about it on profiles/deviations)
Try to affiliate with bigger groups or a lot of small groups about the same fandom.
See if they're willing to do contests for both their and your members.

Don't forget you yourself are also a member and you can also make fanart.
Try mentioning your group in the description and then submit the deviation to other groups. (not necesarilly other fangroups)
That's a question I'd like an answer to as well.
Please tell me when you have one ;)
and tell me when you have one.