Like Survival Horror comics? Check out Made To Suffer!

Hey guys! I am the author of a planned survival-horror comic Made To Suffer. I came here to gain a bit of support for my project.

Now lets get down to business...

If I could describe my story in one sentence:

"Ghouls. Bandits. Slave Owners. This is an ongoing survival horror tale set in a post-biological holocaust New Orleans environment."

Still here? Good, here's a good synopsis of Made To Suffer.

Setting:
    Made To Suffer is a realistic survival-horror book set in fictional post-apocalyptic World War 1 Era New Orleans which is referred to as “The Big Easy”. The planned length of the series is 150 issues. The first fifty issues are planned tell the story of the events that take place in the Big Easy. The overall setting and atmosphere is heavily inspired by a type of art styled called “Diesel Punk” depicted in black and white but visualized in a serious way. After years of brutal fighting of World War 1, the weak and losing Central Powers retaliate with a biological warfare holocaust as a final stand. The large scale attack decreases the world's population and kills off most of the natural environments. This story begins almost one hundred years after, around the time where the environment is thriving again...except in the big cities that were heavily destructed in the World War, such as New Orleans. In the apocalyptic city are two warring factions labeled “The Big Easy” and “The 9th Ward”. The Big Easy is a slaver nation settled in a Coney Island like theme park hidden by a swamp and the 9th Ward is a ghetto where a group of bloody thirsty savages call their home.

Story:
    Made To Suffer follows the story of Emily Marsh. Emily Marsh is just another survivor in a post apocalyptic world. After her hometown safe zone is burned down in a series of riots, Emily and her sister Alice take off out into an unknown world. Eventually, they come across and are welcomed into a group led by a man named Dave. Once a long road is traveled, Dave discovers a slaver nation called the Big Easy owned by the mysterious overseer President Marsh. Here, Emily and Alice are sold into slavery and forced into prostitution. In retaliation, Emily makes a priority to find and discover the identity of President Marsh but accidentally discovers wicked, dark secrets instead.

In this book, Emily will be constantly pit against her own moral compass as she tries to decide on morally gray choices. She will question her alliance to two opposing factions, will do unspeakable things to survive in life or death situations, and ultimately will do whatever it takes to keep her sister alive.

*Overall, I have six finished pages of the first issue. My goal is to gain funding to have the artist finish the whole volume: a bundle of six issues with 21 pages each.

Check out the Kickstarter preview. Please leave feedback! (*WORK IN PROGRESS):

www.kickstarter.com/projects/9…

For now, lets get the Kickstarter team behind the project. Send them over an email sharing my story and explain why you love the campaign.

stories@kickstarter.com

Be sure to follow the project on Facebook and Twitter and give the artist some love too:

www.facebook.com/MadeToSufferC…

twitter.com/TheBigEasyHC

www.patrickbeavers.com/

Comments2
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Please do not promote your kickstarter projects in the forum as it is more appropriate for your journal.

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock: