Groups for New Members, Anime, and Digital Art in General?

I'm trying to figure out how I can make the most of this site so I can stay motivated and be dedicated, but I don't even know all too much about groups. Since I feel that's a primary function of the site, I would love to get involved with some.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
paperfoxes and AlexanderPaupoff already mentioned APlaceToBegin, which is wonderful ((I am a mentor there)). 

But if you are looking for good Anime groups to join I would suggest the three I run- they are quite fun. :)

FireNation-Fans: for those who are fans of the Fire Nation from Avatar the Last Airbender. We are a decent sized group that hold a lot of OC contests. :)

Crispin-Freeman-Fans: for those who are fans of the voice actor Crispin Freeman - he is known for roles such as Alucard from Hellsing and Togusa from Ghost in the Shell. We are still a small group, but we are growing. 

And finally - Mangas-R-Us: for fans of all Anime and Manga. We have a point system as well. You can get points for submitting and joining the group and you can exchange them for FREE commissions and features. :) 
:iconkeepitgoinig:
KEEPITGOINIG is for artists who want to release their works but aren't really sure if the work they are submitting is complete.
paperfoxes has already suggested APlaceToBegin, which is - as the name suggest - a great starting point for your dA journey :)

In addition to that, however, I would like to suggest :iconartistle:
Its a group focused on learning and improvement, especially through the TeamWork Project it hosts every couple of months, which I think you'll find might be of great interest :aww:
:iconaplacetobegin: is a group that matches you to a mentor until you reach your 6 month mark. Mentors will answer all your questions about the in's and out's of deviantART.