Group events

Hi everyone :wave:

Just wanted to bring up some updates from a few groups:

:groups: TheCritiquables

Unappreciated Works Feature #15The new feature is up now! The works for the month of April 2014 are:

Members will have to comment on the pieces in this feature and give the link or name of the work they have critiqued/commented on as a comment on the Journal. Without commenting, works will not be accepted. The rules are as follows:
1. One work commented allows submission for a week
2. Two works commented allow submission for two weeks
3. Three works commented allow submission for the month
4. Critiques have to be constructive and helpful. One liner critiques will not be considered
5. You cannot comment on your own work
6. This feature allows submissions only for the month
Lastly, the works are chosen by us based on different factors. Yes, not all works are what you might consider unappreciated works but since your work will be accepted AFTER you have commented on/critiqued some work

ten days still remaining for giving critique to get critiques. All the rules of the group are provided in the journal itself.

Also, any donations to the group will be most welcome.

:groups: PoetrynProseWatchers

New Prompt!Hey everyone! :wave:
For those who're new here, welcome to :iconpoetrynprosewatchers:. Hope y'all are doing well :)
This journal is to indicate that a new prompt is going to come up. For those who'd like to know more about our prompts, refer to the following journals:
Prompt start:

Prompt end:

Features:

So yeah, its the month of April and so, the admin (me, and :iconpauper-circumstance: ) present to you, a new prompt in case you're interested and looking forward to it. This time, the prompt will last over three months because the theme, is as follows:
sacrifice
So, what's sacrifice here? According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
the act of giving up something that you want to keep especially in order to get or do something else or to help someone
Hmm... what is it lacking... Ah! here we go:
So there you have it. Some examples of what is portrayed by sacrifice from the dA literature community

the prompt itself is simple: You have to submit your :+fav: poetry and prose into the folder "prompt - sacrifice". As you can guess, the theme is sacrifice. For those of you wanting to know how to submit:

Regarding submissions and new developments :)Hey everyone!
Its me, shehrozeameen, your founder!
And Pauper-Circumstance and UnThai, your co-founders!
As all of you can see from the above title, today's journal entry is about submissions. Thus, what're we waiting for? Lets get started!
Now, how does it all begin...
the first step is getting to the group. Type (on your address bar) poetrynprosewatchers.deviantart.com
Or alternatively, select it from your groups.
OR click the icon ------------------------------------> :iconpoetrynprosewatchers:
Good, now: step 2.

After selecting gallery, click on the "Submit to this gallery" button. this link will show you where that button is
so far so good...
Alright, step 3.
Clicking the "Submit to this gallery" button will result in a submission screen coming. For those who are running other groups, you have two options: Submit a new deviation and Contribute an existing deviation

Select "Contribute an existing deviation". Y

Your participation will be greatly appreciated.

:groups: PoeticalCondition

Critique Department Newsletter #6Hi Everyone! :wave:
Sorry for the delay in the critique department newsletter. ^^;
so, today's newsletter is going to be special :iconsoulpianosmashplz:
Today I'm going to feature the current team, and what to look forward to in their poems :dummy:!
Alright, here we go!
NotenSMSK :iconnotensmsk:
the original founder of the group critique department ( ^^; oops thanks for pointing that NotenSMSK ), he has submissions ranging from 6WS, haikus and couplets, to fully developed poems which have a unique form and thought both.

prettyflour :iconprettyflour:
Among the original critics of the group, her works are usually free verse; with that said there's always an interesting thought they offer whenever they're written :nod:

Michel-le-fou :iconmichel-le-fou:
Michel has written many poems while h

the sixth edition of the critique department newsletter. This one has a feature of all the staff critics and core team.

:groups: Every-Photo

Feature #49Hey everyone :wave:
So, here's today's feature!

This photograph is simply ethereal in my honest opinion. The melancholy, the ambience, the breezy hopelessness - its like a dreamworld. Well handled honestly :clap:

I like this work because of the expression on the Serval's face. Its looking with a nonchalance that's usually common in cats. Its adorable in my opinion.

I believe this photograph speaks for itself.

This work's colors are lovely. They're so radiant and they add to the depth and ambience of this work. At the same time, with its slight blurriness, it works well for this photograph. Well taken :clap:
Well, that's all for today's feature. hope you liked it :) Cheers.

This is a feature of works in the "featured" folder of the group, selected by the co-founder or the founder because of qualities they liked in the photograph.

These last two are for those who want to see more literature or are interested in more photography. Take care, and stay happy.
Comments1
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In