Trimonthly Writing Prompts at Live-Love-Write!

Hello!

:bulletred: Featuring those who submitted to the previous writing prompt from Live-Love-Write, here are the participants for this week, listed in reverse order of submission, along with information on the newest prompt. Please remember to fave this journal to help support your work and the prompt!

:bulletblack: To submit to the writing prompt, please remember to put "for the Live-Love-Write writing prompt" in your artist's comments and submit to the Writing Prompt gallery for your feature every week. Entries without this info will be denied. To submit to a past prompt, send us a note with a link to the entry and the prompt information.

:bulletblue: All literature and comics in response to the prompt are welcome and encouraged.

Last Week's Writing Prompt

Respond to the following theme:

Abraxas

Definition:

A gem engraved with mystical word and bearing human-animal figure, once believed to have magical powers.

Admin's Choice:

AbraxasThey named her Abraxas
For she shined straight from birth
Like the rarest of gemstones
They called her Abraxas
With a will strong as diamond
Always ready to go it alone
They whispered Abraxas
As she walked by with the pride
Of a lioness queen meant for the throne
They stood in awe of Abraxas
When she spoke words like magic
Every single mind was blown
Abraxas     I'm just a rock. Like every other stone, except I have images carved onto my surface. Apparently, these pictures are enough for the fickle humans to believe I have magical powers. If I had a mouth, I'd laugh at their foolishness. 
     I think I have an image of their god Altsoba on my surface. Why else would I be in the temple, surrounded by gold? What a lucky rock I am!
     Observing the humans is a fascinating activity. Most stones just sit in the bottom of river and only see the scaly animals. People might be dumb, but at least they can do things besides swim. The river creatures can't even speak! 
      In the temple, I see many of the two legged beings. Sometimes they pray, sometimes they talk to each other. One particular human stands out.
     Alkas, one of the females humans, kneels in front of my ledge every day.  All of the humans believe I'm magical, but this one thinks I'm Altso

This week's writing prompt, from April 14th to April 24th, is:

Write anything that features one or more of the following:
- scar tissue
- emergency number
- lost mail
- pieces

Comments2
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Moved to the Showcase Forum, which is where you can promote groups. Please read forum rules before posting.