Looking for good groups that provide critiques

I go to art school, so I've been kind of immersed in that environment for a while, which has led to my liking to give and receive constructive critiques (mostly giving since I don't post as frequently as I'd like to). Problem is, ehehe, not everyone on dA is all that great at taking criticism, no matter how carefully I try to word it, so I occasionally get blocked by someone, which kinda hurts because that's not what I was trying to do.

So I'm looking for some groups with people who are actively looking for criticism (and are happy to give me criticism as well). Preferably with people who are serious about it.

I personally would try to say good and bad things, but if there's a lot that looks wrong I'm not going to hold all that back for the sake of the person's ego (and I wouldn't expect anyone to hold back when it comes to me, either; in fact I'd love you even more if you ripped apart my stuff). So, I can totally understand if you don't think I'd fit in with your group. But hopefully there are some out there that would be happy to let me join.
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
#Artistle We host regular critique-chats in our chatroom. :aww:
We also have a project called "CritiqueMe" which is one of our folders. If you'd like to get critique from someone, you'll simply give critique to one of the pieces in there, and we'll accept your submission to it right afterwards! :)

Also, at any time our chatroom is a good place to ask for advice, since we're a group dedicated especially to learn from another and to help each other.

:huggle: Have a good day!
#Kelacao would be a somewhat decent group for you. On the twentieth of every month, we have a "Critique Day" event in the chatroom. This event is quite self explanatory.
I think some people just don't want it, and/or they take it really personally. I pretty much stopped commenting on stuff because people would just lose their shit. I really don't go out of my way to be a dick about it in any way, but I guess I'm just not being overly nice enough or friendly enough or something. I decided to try commenting again today and I got blocked by someone, which led to this.

:shrug:
Hey! I will give it a shot, I wanna hear a critique. I really wanna improve the whole thing on my drawings, but right now I feel i am kinda stock. So any help would be appreciated
Sorry, I'm a little confused; are you just saying you're also looking for a group that's good with critiques, or are you asking me for one?
I am asking you for one
Oh, ok. I'll take a look in a little bit and send you a note. ^^
Wait, there's people who actually block you for constructively critiquing their work? That's a whole new level of immature on their part...
woops, meant to reply to you, ended up posting a separate comment.
It'd be great if you can find some because I'm looking for the same thing. I have the opposite problem because I'm a hobbyist and I never get anything more insightful than a "it's nice" from friends and family. I'd love for there to be a group where you can give and receive constructive criticism.
@ run-alian: I joined a group called CritiqueGeeks. They're really new though so there's only a few members. But you could try them. I'm gonna keep an eye out for some more though. Hell, I might start my own in a few months if I have to.
I'll try them. And if you start one let me know I'll totally join. I know some others who might be interested.