Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

New Pokemon Group based on Smogon University!

:iconlaarka:
LaArka Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconsmogonuniversity:

Come join! Looking for members, ideas, ect.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconquanyails:
Quanyails Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012   General Artist
I'd be great if it actually had some connection to Smogon--unless you have an account on Smogon and have a thread at Smeargle's Studio, it seems like just another pokemon group.
LaArka Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, unfortunately I don't... Well, I don't have an active account on Smogon.
Quanyails Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012   General Artist
Would it be possible to transfer ownership of a club to someone else? I know of another person who may be more... worthy.
LaArka Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Excuse me?

Look, I don't mean to be rude. I understand you're trying to help. But just because I don't have all these connections at this moment does NOT mean I can't run this club. Now if you want to help out because of your own personal connections, I'd prefer you ask to be made an admin rather than degrading me because I'm not "worthy" enough to run a group like this. But outright suggesting to just hand over the founding of this group is inconsiderate, arrogant and a bit elitist, don't you think?
Quanyails Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012   General Artist
Ah, how harsh. I don't mean it that way--you may be able to run the club, but you'll still fall outside of those who are members of Smogon. In other words, you're trying to represent Smogon while not being closely in the forum. People who'd want a club based on Smogon would be averse from it unless there's a stronger relation. At least polish the group so it's less, well, naive.

I'm elitist for trying to get the club to those who are interested in it? How about I just leave and let dust accumulate? :)
Do as you please, and I will as well. I'm not saying you are an elitist, I'm just saying what you are telling me sounds elitist. So forgive me if I get butthurt over your replies, I'm just a bit offended that someone will, once again, treat me like I'm a helpless idiot.
Quanyails Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012   General Artist
Not idiotic; instead, it's moreso traipsing. If you have a determined destination with the club, go to it with full endeavor. Just do remember that suggestions are what contributes to a community, and that they should not all be taken as an offense to your ideas.
Would you be willing to co-found the group? I can give you all of the same authority and abilities as a founder.
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: