Closed to new replies
November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

What makes a great group

:iconkagoe:
Kagoe Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I'm a founder of a new group and I'm wondering what DA users think a group needs in order to progress and be a great aspect of deviantart. What do you look for in a group in order for you to want to become a member? :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
hm...good question. I'm only recently been looking into the group things but, so far the things I look for in a group are:

1. Organization in the submission folders etc. It's nice being able to look at folders and get a clear idea of what the group is looking for and if my art will fit in.
2. Activity! I don't care if its contests or journals, but I love seeing people who share an interest talking to one another.
3. Community! Something that's hard to actually control, but its really fun submitting to a group and getting some nice feedback.

The other thing I keep an eye on is how the group advertises itself to get new members. It's not really a big deal, but an ad can make or break a group! I hope this helps you out. :D
Kagoe Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Thank you, this is really helpful!! I'm curious because i'm trying to make my new group as good as it can be. :D

We do weekly blogs so hopefully that's active enough for new comers. :)
Cirprius Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
No problem, I'm glad I could help! I think weekly blogs is a good amount. Just enough to keep things moving but not so much that it becomes annoying.
Kagoe Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
That's what I was going for, there's nothing worse than seeming like you're spamming your watchers. :P
Cirprius Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
lol agreed. Sadly finding that line between spam and just enough is hard to do.
:iconstarspangledbreaker:
StarSpangledBreaker Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
A group with activitity. c:
I usually check the date of the last journal, and the content of said journal.
Good point!
Although don't some members get put off if the group uploads quite regular blogs because it clogs up their inbox?
:iconstarspangledbreaker:
StarSpangledBreaker Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yep, that's why I check the content C:
If it's something like rules or something, then I wouldn't mind it if it was an older journal.
If it was a contest from months ago, I'd probably be hesistant about joining the group ^^
:iconcaiburtonsart:
CaiBurtonsArt Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Ahh, i look forward to reading these answers! :P
:D
Add a Comment: