Professional Concept Designer available for hire.

My name is Nicholas Lim. I'm a professional concept designer available for freelance or full-time work on concept art and illustrations. Contact me via notes or email:

nicholaslim.art@gmail.com

Strategic Strike Infantry with HOG Railgun by Magnum117 TRSF Strike Infantry by Magnum117 Mamba Scout Spotter 01 by Magnum117
Automated Stinger Ground Scout by Magnum117 'Panzerschild' Howitzer Mech by Magnum117
Lightning Chief Space Fighter by Magnum117 Space Combat - Fighter PoV by Magnum117
HIVE Inc. HQ Assault by Magnum117 'Wasp' Synchcopter Gunship by Magnum117

Return from Battle by Magnum117 'Brutal' Jaguar Warrior by Magnum117

Concepts and illustrations for vehicles, props, characters, creatures, environments. Explanatory callout sheets, orthographic diagrams, production paintings, material reference, UI rough layouts, mood boards, storyboards.

I work only if there is a legal binding contract which is decided after negotiating rates, work duration, deliverables, image formats, and other important details. Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) may also be signed.

If my work is to be used elsewhere (e.g. promotional and marketing purposes), please make mention of it, as it shall affect the rates.

I commence work after receiving a portion (usually half the total amount for the job) of the fee. I will attach a watermark on each in-progress image where appropriate or send a low resolution file for each milestone.

Revisions and changes during the concept phase can be done up to certain amount. There is no room for endless revisions.

Potential clients will need to carefully but quickly approve each milestone before progressing to the next stage. Communication is key.

*Work Process

- Client brief overview and negotiations.
- Thumbnails and sketches.
- Refined thumbnails or exploring a new direction.
- More feedback, precursor to final work.
- Final work/ design. Very minor changes can be requested.

*Terms and Conditions

- Client brief should be as clear and precise as possible, written in English.
- Quicker feedback response will allow for quicker progression.
- I will notify clients of any delays/ complications early.
- My work must be credited but under license/ copyright of the client.
- I am allowed to display work in my portfolio with credit to the commercial owner. NDA's will affect this term, of course.
- Once the first transaction comes through, I shall begin work.
- The final transaction comes after the final milestone, at which the job is concluded.  
- Completed files can be sent via email, but larger files can be sent via Dropbox or a file transfer service of the client's choosing.
- If I am unable to complete the job, I shall notify the client and finalise any pending transactions before the conclusion. 

*Payment Terms

- I charge in United States Dollars (USD).
- PayPal, bank transfer preferred. Subject to negotiation.
- Payment is broken down into several milestones according to project.
- No refunds.

Software:
Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Maya, Fusion 360, Keyshot.
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I like your vehicle work dude, beautiful stuff.